• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why aren't we seeing any coaches get fired?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Is Skip really that buddy buddy with all of his coaches that he won't let those that underperformed go after a 5-7 season?

Or is it too early? Which sound wrong because head coaches have already been canned and hired.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know but I was thinking someone needed to get s*** canned too... cornerback's coach? That was probably the position with the most potential that failed miserably this year...

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Someone said it on here, no clue who, but to regurgitate their comment: "why would you fire a coach before signing day"

This makes total sense... We seem to be having a great recruiting class-minus punter, QB, RB (TBD), but let the coaches finish their targets, get them on campus, and then make your change....

• Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Probably does not want to make changes before recruiting is done. Or will not make any changes at all would be my guess.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Someone said it on here, no clue who, but to regurgitate their comment: "why would you fire a coach before signing day"

This makes total sense... We seem to be having a great recruiting class-minus punter, QB, RB (TBD), but let the coaches finish their targets, get them on campus, and then make your change....

I hope this is the plan. Something Definitely needs to change.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

With all the excuses offered as to why we lost this year, does anyone REALLY expect any coaches to be fired? If it's not the coaches fault, why would anyone get fired?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know but I was thinking someone needed to get s*** canned too... cornerback's coach? That was probably the position with the most potential that failed miserably this year...

Don't think any coach in the world could have fixed the talent gap at Corner

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1. I mentioned before about the signing day thing. Keep the relationships until you get signatures on LOI's.

2. Who would you hire right now? Assistant coaches don't leave for lateral positions during the season... All of the GOOD assistant coaches are with teams that made a bowl, so, they are still "in season".

Sadly, Skip was throwing out a lot of excuses this year and wasn't willing to point the finger at the staff. I suspect that there will be some dismissals, but, only the remaining coaches from Leavitt's staff. Clearly it was their fault. Not the guys Skip brought in. Losing faith. Hope Skip proves me wrong, I just don't believe that Leavitt left the cupboard so empty that we've had this kind of decline.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

It's somewhat difficult to know whether the corners are any good or not when they're all schemed to play with huge cushions and keep everything in front of them. They can never get burnt and evaluated since they rarely play man to man coverage...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's somewhat difficult to know whether the corners are any good or not when they're all schemed to play with huge cushions and keep everything in front of them. They can never get burnt and evaluated since they rarely play man to man coverage...

They are evaluated by the coaches at practice. We just picked up commits from two JUCO corners this weekend. Hopefully it gets better.

Archived