• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heath's final year in Tampa?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

LYAO all you want. The same tune you've been playing over and over again, that hasn't changed, is your vendetta, for lack of a better word, against Stan for some reason .... I'm thinking a well dressed, bald, black man scared the crap out of you somewhere in your development .... Do you have these feelings toward Steve Harvey, too?

A comment like that is one of the reasons why I called you foolish Triple. Maybe the word clueless should be added also.

Anyway if you are referring to the comedian/actor Steve Harvey I met him twice when I use to help put together different show events in the Mid-South. He didn't have the most pleasantness of personalities to say the least. Personally I didn't have a problem when dealing with him because not a lot fazes me anyway. Actually I enjoyed the 5-10 minutes talking with him because I found most the stuff he was saying to be funny.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

LYAO all you want. The same tune you've been playing over and over again, that hasn't changed, is your vendetta, for lack of a better word, against Stan for some reason .... I'm thinking a well dressed, bald, black man scared the crap out of you somewhere in your development .... Do you have these feelings toward Steve Harvey, too?

A comment like that is one of the reasons why I called you foolish Triple. Maybe the word clueless should be added also.

I can understand "foolish" but don't see where "clueless" comes in because of that particular statement ..... unless you took it seriously??

Anyway if you are referring to the comedian/actor Steve Harvey I met him twice when I use to help put together different show events in the Mid-South. He didn't have the most pleasantness of personalities to say the least. Personally I didn't have a problem when dealing with him because not a lot fazes me anyway. Actually I enjoyed the 5-10 minutes talking with him because I found most the stuff he was saying to be funny.

Was he already bald when you met him?

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

guys, guys, guys...its simple. Heath cant recruit OR coach. Why all the arguments?

I love how USF can make any excuse to keep a guy around. Wait until he has this , wait until he has that, blah blah blah. Some guys coach and recruit WAY better with A LOT less. You guys make it like USF is the worst place on earth. Quite opposite. Would not be hard for many coaches to sell USF.

Problem is, ljust like the the real world and sales, most important the client (player athlete) has to like you, have confidence in you, trust you AND THEN they have to somewhat like what you are selling (way less important).

Heath isnt the most popular or charasmatic guys out there and his track record isnt speaking much for him either. BUt lets blame it in USF, its history, facilites, etc. etc. etc.

Cant believe Dickie V said USF was the hardest job in America (stance comes oriiginally defending his BFF Greenberg) and all the excuse makers just harp on it.

guys, guys, guys...its simple. Heath cant recruit OR coach. Why all the arguments?

I love how USF can make any excuse to keep a guy around. Wait until he has this , wait until he has that, blah blah blah. Some guys coach and recruit WAY better with A LOT less. You guys make it like USF is the worst place on earth. Quite opposite. Would not be hard for many coaches to sell USF.

Problem is, ljust like the the real world and sales, most important the client (player athlete) has to like you, have confidence in you, trust you AND THEN they have to somewhat like what you are selling (way less important).

Heath isnt the most popular or charasmatic guys out there and his track record isnt speaking much for him either. BUt lets blame it in USF, its history, facilites, etc. etc. etc.

Cant believe Dickie V said USF was the hardest job in America (stance comes oriiginally defending his BFF Greenberg) and all the excuse makers just harp on it.

You must either sell used cars or insurance to trot out that humorous "real world and sales" mumbo jumbo theory .... So tell us, Herm, if a good portion of the blame isn't on USF, how is it that Seth accomplished more before he came to USF and after he left than he ever did here? He was one of the popular/charismatic guys and one helluva salesman so according to your wacked theory, he should have had no problem here.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Jacksonville U coach Cliff Warren is my choice. He already coaches in Florida so he wouldn't need to build ties to recruit, and look at the guy's conference record as a coach:

2007 12-4 - 2nd

2008 15-5 - 1st - NIT bid

2009 14-6 - 1st - NIT bid

2010 13-7 - 3rd

They even beat Florida a couple of years ago, something even we probably wouldn't be able to do

More name appeal please. If we are going to go that route, we might as well promote Roccaforte as our coach. I would love that. Bring that up paced (modified street ball is what my grandad says it looks like) here. Would work really well with the player set we have.

Who gives a **** about name appeal when you supply results.

Are you expecting Coach K to drop everything and coach here or something?

You must either sell used cars or insurance to trot out that humorous "real world and sales" mumbo jumbo theory .... So tell us, Herm, if a good portion of the blame isn't on USF, how is it that Seth accomplished more before he came to USF and after he left than he ever did here? He was one of the popular/charismatic guys and one helluva salesman so according to your wacked theory, he should have had no problem here.

Herm, you obviously didn't see this posed question (I'm sure you wouldn't have just ignored it) and we excuse makers need to be set straight. What's the answer?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Mark Few

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Mark Few

Now I agree with going after coaches just to see what if. But that guy is not leaving Gonzaga.

I say hire Roc and ensure that he promises that uptempo Memphis style of play or one of these dudes:

Bobby Cremins- (Took Georgia Tech to 11 straight post season appearances at one point. A final Four and a Elite Eight in there as well, I will take it. Not doing to shabby a job at College of Charleston either. Took CoC past the first round of NIT recently, something Heath could not do against an N.C State team we should have destroyed. Charleston is 9-1 right now. Wins over Clemson, Umass, and Tennessee only loss is to UCF...whoops lol)

Rick Byrd (Belmont coach basically enough said. The guy can coach, what he has done with Belmont recently is ridiculous. Belmont is 6-3 right now. Two of those losses are to Duke and Memphis. Only loss to Duke by one point in Durham)

Rick Majerus ( Health forced him to retire, well he is back and proves he still has it. St.Louis is 9-1 right now. They had a four game stretch where they beat Washington, Boston College, Villanova, and Oklahoma.The guy coached Utah to a National Championship appearance. I will take him in a heart beat. The guys was 323-95 at Utah, that is insanely good)

Mike Jarvis ( Right down the road at Florida Atlantic. Yea we beat them by 13, but he won 21 games at FAU. Takes a guy who knows what he is doing to do that. Has had his baggage in the past, but I don't think that is enough to not look at him. Besides he coaches at FAU and obviously likes rebuilding teams with his jobs at FAU and George Washington. FAU is only 4-6 right now, but they only have one bad loss)

Bruce Peal ( Star pick we all know about him. If we don't consider him we are crazy)

• Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

If Stan Heath is let go, I would love for us to approach Tommy Amaker. He has a great resume with his background at Michigan and Duke. He is doing a terrific job at Harvard and might be interested in coaching a Big East team.

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Watching the end of the recent Kentucky-Indiana game, I admit I was hoping Indiana would lose, just so they would have another reason to fire Crean. Then maybe we could make him an offer (probably not too realistic). GB!

Archived