• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heath's teams struggle on the road

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I do feel for those of you who are watching this stuff in person . . . I cannot bear to even watch our team for an entire 40 minutes on TV. Their lethargy puts me to sleep. How do you guys stay awake? GB!

Cocaine and meth. JK, actually, the Sports Forum is pretty nice and we haven't lost there yet so it's fun to go now.

I split season tickets and we do a draft to see who goes to what game. I always go for the friday/saturday games at first, especially the ones where we play less talented squads so it's a drinking night and we get a win and I can pretend we are good. By the time we really suck (right now) most of my tickets have been used up. I'll be screwed if we ever get really good but I hedge my bets against that. Been doing this for years now.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

The team is not only lethargic but winded. After a couple sprints up and down the court most of the players looked like they were ready for an oxygen bottle.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

The team is not only lethargic but winded. After a couple sprints up and down the court most of the players looked like they were ready for an oxygen bottle.

Another trademark for Heath coached teams - not being in shape.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

If you can change your thread title to Heath's teams struggle you would be more accurate

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

People said McCullum wasn't given enough time. He was fired. Heath has been here longer than McCullum and has been just as miserable minus the fluke season where Dominique Jones carried the team. I say it's time to pull the plug and go in a different direction, but we all know Woolard won't do it.

I don't think McCullum had the connections to recruit Big East caliber players. He was way in over his head when we shifted conferences. Ironically, however, our two most recent NBA players in Dominique Jones and Solomon Jones were McCullum recruits. The way D. Jones developed, I don't think anyone anticipated, so we were quite fortuitious that it worked out that way. With Solomon, the kid is so lanky and athletic that the NBA scouts had to take a shot at him.

Heath has not been able to really put together a complete bench since he's been at USF. His players are gassed playing against uptempo defenses. USF basketball is truly a labor of love.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I thought Heath was the answer. Last night's debacle proved otherwise. Auburn is down right terrible... We made terrible look great. Expect another losing season in Tampa on the court. God is really pissed off at the USF fans that ran Seth out of town. At least we were an enjoyable .500 team at worst. We average one point a minute last night... We have no true shooters. We are in bad shape.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

The only player on this team is Collins. I don't know what happened to Gus...but Collins can't lead it by himself. He is no Dojo who the other players believed in and would follow his lead. Collins tries to push it down the floor and rest of the team just jogs down the court. At least we can all go to games next year and look at the nice new building. Hopefully by the grace of god they decide to play better in a real home facility next year.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

The only player on this team is Collins. I don't know what happened to Gus...but Collins can't lead it by himself. He is no Dojo who the other players believed in and would follow his lead. Collins tries to push it down the floor and rest of the team just jogs down the court. At least we can all go to games next year and look at the nice new building. Hopefully by the grace of god they decide to play better in a real home facility next year.

Completely agree.

Archived