• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question about Recruiting Process for a Recruit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

So I received a message from Branden leston at Clearwater High School, he is a receiver and says he would love to attend usf and its his favorite school and he wants to play on the football team, I had posted his highlight tape on here a couple weeks prior to this, and he's a little uncertain on how to get his name out to skip to try and catch Coach's interest...

Apparently Recruits do read this board, seeing as one messages me..

So just respond if you have any clues as to setting up recruiting possibilities... i know its late.

info about walking on, talking to someone with ties to the university, skippy directly?, coaches, etc?

Good Addition to WR with our team being plagued with injuries, plays LB too...who knows

• Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

well he can always go to campus and try to meet with coaches.... if he's enrolled at USF they give out a date for walk on try outs... his best bet is to try to link with any of the assistant coaches, maybe mail a highlight tape to there offices or something... I'm not too familiar with the processes but I'm sure it's not against NCAA rules for him to contact them. If he has friends that are being recruited by us, then that's another way he can get his name out too

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Eveld gave his dvd to Mrs. Holtz. Worked for him.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Go to gousfbulls.com and there is a link somewhere there for recruiting information or potential student-athletes.They should have contact information for Carl franks who is the recruiting coordinator.

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Have his HS coach call.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Have him show up to practice with his highlight tape and stick around until he can show it to the coaches.

Worked for Mistral Raymond: http://sports.yahoo....gs_obama_113011

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Highlight video + workout tape sent to recruiting coordinator along with personal visit to athletics should help. Team is always welcoming of walk-ons. Kid has size 6'3 205 and runs a 4.5 40. If able to bulk up he could play LB, TE but has size atm for WR. Good luck to him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

So I received a message from Branden leston at Clearwater High School, he is a receiver and says he would love to attend usf and its his favorite school and he wants to play on the football team, I had posted his highlight tape on here a couple weeks prior to this, and he's a little uncertain on how to get his name out to skip to try and catch Coach's interest...

So just respond if you have any clues as to setting up recruiting possibilities... i know its late.

info about walking on, talking to someone with ties to the university, skippy directly?, coaches, etc?

Good Addition to WR with our team being plagued with injuries, plays LB too...who knows

In all seriousness, you're acknowledging that recruits do read this board yet you have that ******** for your avatar ... What the **** are you thinking??

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

In all seriousness, you're acknowledging that recruits do read this board yet you have that ******** for your avatar ... What the **** are you thinking??

Trip, you are assuming that people still THINK????? Come on, you know better than that.

Archived