• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ron Zook for DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Illinois just canned Ron Zook today. What do people think of bringing him here as a Defensive Coordiantor? Maybe DC/DB coach. Skip has no loyalty to Snyder and the defense has underformed this year especially late in games.

Zook has had 2 head coaching gigs and neither one panned out so maybe he decides to go back to being a coordinator kind of like Al Groh.

He knows the state of Florida and can recruit like a machine. He teed it up for Meyer with the talent he brought on board.

Trying to think outside of the box here.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm ok keeping Snyder. Just needs to clean up his situational defenses.

I'm more concerned with bringing in a proven OC. Jagodzinski isn't doing anything. Proven BCS OC. Good developer of QBs and proven NFL experience. Not a bad thing to recruit a big time QB if you can have the guy that developed Matt Ryan on staff.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm all for any changes that help us progress. I have a grand feeling that our OC will be going no where nor will our DC-pending other job offers.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

maybe bring in zook as a defensive assistant or a special teams coach? lol

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Zook would skyrocket our recruiting.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Click-check...and that's a good check

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I think we need better talent at our db position. I do not think Snyder is all that terrible. Ron Zook didn't do much for Illinois as far as talent and the position they are in, so he may have lost his touch recruiting top talent in Florida. If we were going to get rid of Snyder, I would say promote Kevin Patrick. He has done as awesome job with our DT, has been here for a while, and is a great recruiter in the Miami area.

While we are talking about switching things up, how about VH focusing on DEs and bringing in a ST coach. We certainly can use one coach who can focus on this area for us. VH has been great with our DEs, but terrible with ST.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I like this idea. Zook is a great recruiter. Snyder may be gone anyway after this year. Even with a down year for our defense, he has enough of a name to garner some attention.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I'm ok keeping Snyder. Just needs to clean up his situational defenses.

I'm more concerned with bringing in a proven OC. Jagodzinski isn't doing anything. Proven BCS OC. Good developer of QBs and proven NFL experience. Not a bad thing to recruit a big time QB if you can have the guy that developed Matt Ryan on staff.

havent heard that name in a while. Cant believe he isnt working, he was interviewing for nfl jobs a few years ago

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

+1 ...and the defensive play. I'm all for it but the man is HC all the way unless he wants to be in FL. No way he takes a DC at barely above midmajor ie BE team.

Archived