• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls club donor, should we re-new or not?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

It really is pretty simple. There's no way for us get where we want to be with people dropping donations after, possibly, only the third losing season in our history ... after only the second year of a new coach with a pretty decent track record. Hopefully, for the future of Athletics, the vast majority of our fanbase understands this ... especially the heavy hitters.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

This is the time to see how much you can improve your seats, not the time to bail out--That's what I'm going to try and do. Hopefully this year is the low point and the beginning of the next good run.

• Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

This is the time to see how much you can improve your seats, not the time to bail out--That's what I'm going to try and do. Hopefully this year is the low point and the beginning of the next good run.

I've tried that. Each time I'm asked to pay the new donation level for each section. I've had season tickets since the beginning and pay the original donation level for my section. If I move, to another section then I'm told to pay the new section fee (current not the original price for that section).

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

3rdly It is sick to see that each week tickets to games are given away, or dirt cheap(10.00 for this weeks WVU game) Really???

What about the donors? What do we get? We pay full price over price for a game tickets, support the team even when we lose or win, regardless of when the game is played.

The $10 tickets are in the upper deck, correct? I'll gladly pay my season ticket price and donation for where I sit. Being grandfathered in (which most of us here probably are) is a huge benefit that would be lost by not renewing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Sadly, I think this is going to be the attitude of many donors and season ticket holders this coming year. I see a HUGE fall off in season ticket sales for all the reasons above. It will take USF a long time to win donors and season ticket holders back. The next few years are going to be a rough ride.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

If you don't want to purchase tickets fine, but at least keep donating. My wife and I are going to get tickets for at least 2 more years.

• Content Count:  7,201

Here is my take. If you want to be cheap, don't renew. But it is less likely that the program will improve if people stop renewing tix and if they don't continue funding bulls club. Remember, that helps pay for the scholarships for the players, and for coaches salaries. If that diminishes, we will have a hard time retaining decent coaches, getting players, and building the program.

On a side note, if you don't renew, then you will lose your priority points and won't gain new ones. It is like timing the market. You are selling when it is low, but when it gets high again, you may miss the rise and the gains which come along for that.

If people care about the program, and have financial means to do so, people should support it.

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Its incredibly frustrating. The team, the way we are treated most of the time by the staff at RayJay, this is first year we have seriously considered not renewing as well. We probably will renew, but this is first time in 8-9 years had to think about it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

No question in our minds about making our donation. I'm not happy with the season, but if you're a fan, you're a fan. The only dilemma that we are facing is our 8 tickets. One couple is moving out of the area and the extra 2 tickets have been tougher to move. Our daughter and son-in-law didn't buy season tix this year due to having the baby. So maybe they'll take over 2 and we'll keep 8.

When all is said and done, I really don't expect USF to win a national championship in my lifetime. We'll contribute every year as long as finances allow. Doesn't matter who the coaches are, who the AD is or who the president is.

The priority point thing is overblown. We bought that row of seats in the baseball stadium to jump up on the list. But the times when that is a benefit is rare now. And by time it does matter, I'll be dead and gone.

• Content Count:  7,201

I would disagree a bit on priority points. Getting tickets to important away games (ie Notre Dame) and bowls, is based on priority points. I have had pretty good seats by having higher priority points than many. And if they ever build an OCS, they are certain to give top seating to those who (a) contribute to the capital campaign and (B) who have priority points and have held consistent with support of USF Athletics. We won't get left out then....

Archived