• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Someone please explain to me how we are 5-5 this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I can't put it totally on Skip, but things MIGHT have been different if we went for it on 4th once

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Come on BigShoop, it obviously didn't work. Miami even dared us to go for it on 4th and 1 at the 50 when they called a TO. As much as Leavitt was a buffoon on the sidelines most times, he would've said Phuket and gone for it after UM called the time out. Heck... I was not a fan of Leavitt. However, you can't be the anti-Christ of Les Miles either on the sidelines (you'll see Skip's name in the dictionary currently). I like Skip, but ****, something is going to have to give. Dude needs to nut up before he loses an entire fan base.

On the side note, I missed your fashion critique of the uniforms today. Anything you want to add? I missed not seeing the U on the helmet myself.

I thought it was a 50/50 call to go for it on that particular 4th down. I can see both sides. Did it lose the game for us? Not even CLOSE.

We missed what, 3 key tackles that would've stopped the final drive?!

Missing BJ in the 2nd half is why we lost the game. Even with his inaccuracy in the 1st half, we still moved the ball whenever we wanted to. The plays were there...until he went out, and the threat of the QB run was gone. (See: KState vs Miami)

The uni's.....I get it. It is what it is. Under Armour makes everyone look ridiculous once a year, it was our turn. The missing logo was..............................weird.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

With such a close game, it is hard to say that we didn't lose the game over not playing aggressive on 4th down. I believe skip needs to get more comfortable and confident with this team. We played great on defense, why not go for it on 4th down late in the game when it is tied 3-3 and you are playing at home? It could have been a game changer. Look, losing BJ Daniels definitely effected our ability to win this game, especially when we have Eveld on the sidelines with 3 interceptions and no tds against cupcake teams. We need a lot of help. I hope we can pull off one more win to keep our post season streak alive.

• Content Count:  521

listen BJ is a good QB, just in a system that does not suit his strengths. he is better at a place like Oregon or WVU where they have their QB's running. i understand that the coaching staff should adapt their playcalling to their personell, but maybe todd fitch does not have read-option plays that he knows/is comfortable with. look at the history at ECU with them, it was mostly pocket-passers/game managers at QB.

let's wait till a pocket passer like matt floyd or tyler cameron come in, hopefully it will be a different story.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Skip didn't lose this one folks... Trust me I'd be the first one marching if he did.

• Content Count:  1,741

I can understand your frustration. That is all I had for my CANES, of NOT putting this game out of reach.

oHow can Jacory just stand there and take sacks and take us out of F.G. position time after time. Why can we not run against these DUMBO's? It works both ways.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

listen BJ is a good QB, just in a system that does not suit his strengths. he is better at a place like Oregon or WVU where they have their QB's running. i understand that the coaching staff should adapt their playcalling to their personell, but maybe todd fitch does not have read-option plays that he knows/is comfortable with. look at the history at ECU with them, it was mostly pocket-passers/game managers at QB.

let's wait till a pocket passer like matt floyd or tyler cameron come in, hopefully it will be a different story.

did you watch the uf game last year? coaches adapt their offense to their players.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Before we start questioning the coaches manhood,ask yourself why go for it on 4th and 1 when you can't get it on 2nd and 1 or 3rd and 1 every single time that situation comes up. There's taking a risk, and then there's being stupidly stubborn. You keep running your head into that wall, your head is going to give before the wall.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Before we start questioning the coaches manhood,ask yourself why go for it on 4th and 1 when you can't get it on 2nd and long or 3rd and long every single time that situation comes up. There's taking a risk, and then there's being stupidly stubborn. You keep running your head into that wall, your head is going to give before the wall.

4th and short is way different than 2nd and long or 3rd and long. you can't honestly think they are the same.

Archived