• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip lost this game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Boy this board sure looks a lot different than it did back in September...

I think we all need a group hug

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We weren't in prevent...

This.

Not prevent, but still plenty soft for Streeter to eat Q's lunch 8 yards at a time.

He's f'n burned almost every team he's played. We play him tight and he gets an edge people would be on here crying about how we knew Streeter was going to burn us deep. You take what you can or you double team. We double team we're giving up a lot more.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I know you don't want to get beat deep, but make them make the play. Get up on the freakin receivers and make them beat you deep.

BINGO!!

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I know you don't want to get beat deep, but make them make the play. Get up on the freakin receivers and make them beat you deep.

BINGO!!

Our secondary is awful and always plays back too far. 3rd and 6 lets drop back 10 yards and let them complete the pass in front of us...has happend at least 100 times this year

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

BINGO!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - our DBs are not the type to do this. They are basically safeties playing corner. If they play man, guaranteed, they will get beaten deep by a decent receiver.

• Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

BINGO!!

Our secondary is awful and always plays back too far. 3rd and 6 lets drop back 10 yards and let them complete the pass in front of us...has happend at least 100 times this year

Is that the much heralded bend but don't break?

• Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Really the whole problem is our offense and coaching. They can never come through when needed and we don't do well on 3rd and long. Our defense consistently keeps us in the game and we need our offense to put it away but they can't. We struggle with passes longer than 7 yards and I'm not sure who to blame, the QB, receivers or coaches for that.

Also, should have gone for it on at least one of the 4th and shorts and clock management is consistently poor.

Our coaches just can't win, they don't know how. 5 - 5 (1-4).... We are not even average, an average team would have at least come out on top in 1 of our close games, but we've lost them all. Beating ND was an outlier.

Our coaches just can't win close games, they don't know what they are doing.

We're only as good as our weakest link... and I think that link is the coaching.

We'll have to see if Holtz and crew are able to improve their game management and how he does once his own recruits get into the system. We should learn a lot next year. Our players are talented enough to be an 8 - 2 or even 9 - 1 team, our coaching staff is not.

• Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

Really the whole problem is our offense and coaching. They can never come through when needed and we don't do well on 3rd and long. Our defense consistently keeps us in the game and we need our offense to put it away but they can't. We struggle with passes longer than 7 yards and I'm not sure who to blame, the QB, receivers or coaches for that.

Also, should have gone for it on at least one of the 4th and shorts and clock management is consistently poor.

Our coaches just can't win, they don't know how. 5 - 5 (1-4).... We are not even average, an average team would have at least come out on top in 1 of our close games, but we've lost them all. Beating ND was an outlier.

Our coaches just can't win close games, they don't know what they are doing.

We're only as good as our weakest link... and I think that link is the coaching.

We'll have to see if Holtz and crew are able to improve their game management and how he does once his own recruits get into the system. We should learn a lot next year. Our players are talented enough to be an 8 - 2 or even 9 - 1 team, our coaching staff is not.

I pretty much think that everything you said has been proven over the season. Especially the thing about 3rd and long. They must get tired of pressing the Welcome to the Jungle button just to have them convert and start all over again.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I don't know... BJ was yelling at Skip on sideline after one of the early decisions not to go for it on 4th and 1. My feeling was consistently, through out the night, the offense showed it couldn't pick up short yardages on 2nd or 3rd down, why do we think 4th down will do the trick? The play BJ was livid about it was 2 and 1 and we got stuffed two consecutive plays. Based on the production of both our O and D, I think skip did the right thing. We had to keep pinning them back and hoping our D could force a turnover or maybe our offense woke up. It didn't happen, but it is hard to win when an entire side of the football is playing that poorly.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Boy this board sure looks a lot different than it did back in September...

I think we all need a group hug

ya, the site went under construction.... ;)

Archived