• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball crowds

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

This isn't a thread about the number of people at basketball games...we know attendance sucks.

I'm writing a proposal to all non-students who attend the games. If you hear the students start chants, or start to yell, please feel free to join in. In the year and a half I've been a student, we've had our core group of people who yell at games, and pretty much no one else does. I want to change this. If you hear us starting something, join in. People around you will join in as well. Soon enough, the entire arena will be chanting "Frodo" whenever their 5'6" PG touches the ball.

Last night we had 300 people in a 20000 seat arena. Lets make up for the lack of people, with an influx of noise.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

300 only showed out of 2400 distributed? ouch - not whining, but a little bit surprised.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This isn't a thread about the number of people at basketball games...we know attendance sucks.

I'm writing a proposal to all non-students who attend the games. If you hear the students start chants, or start to yell, please feel free to join in. In the year and a half I've been a student, we've had our core group of people who yell at games, and pretty much no one else does. I want to change this. If you hear us starting something, join in. People around you will join in as well. Soon enough, the entire arena will be chanting "Frodo" whenever their 5'6" PG touches the ball.

Last night we had 300 people in a 20000 seat arena. Lets make up for the lack of people, with an influx of noise.

Haha. Heard you guys on the ESPN3 replay last night, had a good chuckle over this one.

• Content Count:  3,616

there was only 10-15 students chanting, maybe 40 total there......

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Do the Grim Reapers still show up at the basketball games? They use to sit directly above the opponents bench with RIP tomb stones. I was at a game where they got under Coach Crum's skin and he was ejected from the game.

• Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I thing about last nights game, those seats are sweet, nice thick cushions for my expending girth, good view, good basketball atmosphere. Wouldn't mind if we played there permanently. Hope the Sun Dome is as nice.

• Content Count:  4,139

I thing about last nights game, those seats are sweet, nice thick cushions for my expending girth, good view, good basketball atmosphere. Wouldn't mind if we played there permanently. Hope the Sun Dome is as nice.

Not enough leg room... I'm a fairly big guy and had to put my legs on the stairway. Hate to say it but i'm glad there wasn't a lot of people there, I would have tripped them. I hope the sun dome has one of the middle hanging scoreboards like at the sptf that thing is killer

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Not enough leg room... I'm a fairly big guy and had to put my legs on the stairway. Hate to say it but i'm glad there wasn't a lot of people there, I would have tripped them. I hope the sun dome has one of the middle hanging scoreboards like at the sptf that thing is killer

The new Sun Dome will have a center scoreboard as well as the 4 video scoreboards in the corners of the 3rd level.

Project Manager Stephen Lafferty:

"It's highly likely that we'll be one of the only college venues in the country that has corner display boards, as well as ribbon boards, as well as a center home scoreboard, as well as about 100 different distributed TV monitors around the building, too,"

• Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Dang ... the MOCS will probably out number our BULL Fans 2nite.

• Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

The new Sun Dome will have a center scoreboard as well as the 4 video scoreboards in the corners of the 3rd level.

Project Manager Stephen Lafferty:

"It's highly likely that we'll be one of the only college venues in the country that has corner display boards, as well as ribbon boards, as well as a center home scoreboard, as well as about 100 different distributed TV monitors around the building, too,"

Now all we need is a BB team and we're set. :lol:

Archived