• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Football team loses because of ... Call of Duty?

GaUSFBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

better than blaming the humidity...

Actually, no, no it's not. The humidity being a factor in weather, which actually does affect play. So, you FAIl.

They're both lame excuses.... :rolleyes:

You are all wrong its the lack of fans! Looks like a great game. What a lack of discipline by the players.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I figured Charlie Strong would be a tough coach - if you read the article, it appears Strong said that some players missed classes because of this game. Wonder if Holtz would bench players for doing that. A lot of coaches probably wouldn't, but I'd bet a lot would, too.

• Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I figured Charlie Strong would be a tough coach - if you read the article, it appears Strong said that some players missed classes because of this game. Wonder if Holtz would bench players for doing that. A lot of coaches probably wouldn't, but I'd bet a lot would, too.

If some of the players were hooked on COD I could easily see it cutting into their sleep throughout the week and while I wouldn't blame the entire loss on that alone it's not far fetched that a lack of sleep hurt their execution.

I think Strong has legitimate reason to get on the players for being hooked on this game. It is hurting them in the classroom and I think it's safe to extend that to football. Would they have won if the game wasn't out, can't say, but I believe it could hurt their practice as Strong said.

I once skipped a day of high school after a new game release. While I love video games I have only purchased one in the last years and I gave up my xbox live subscription. Some of these posts are making me want to give COD 3 a try but I know I'm better off without it because it would just be a distraction.

Years ago, Bucs were playing Lions on a Sunday at 1. We were going to USF game that Saturday night and tailgated at Hooters on Hillsborough. Tons of the Lions players showed up (by tons, I am talking around 20ish). Looked like mostly OL and DL, big guys. Anyway, they were putting down pitchers of beer, wings, etc. Had a handful of limos and stretch limo vans and drivers, and were dressed and headed out for night.

Bucs beat them on Sunday by a couple TD's. Lions looked like crap.

I heard through a friend of a player that when we played Oregon in 2007 our team was hung over from the night before. Can anyone corroborate this?

• Content Count:  312
  • Days Won:  0

While i cannot corroborate any stories about THE PLAYERS... I can corroborate that MYSELF was .. and for good reason... you can bring your own booze to bars in TX

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Skyrim >>>> COD

Archived