• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz has finally grown a pair

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I like this Skip. He was gutsy. He was in control. He was decisive.

He finally stepped up and owned this team.

On a side note, BJ needs to stop chatting it up with the other team's defense and remain focused on the next play, he's like a child out there. Murray showed tonight that he has better instincts as a RB than D. Scott who is more physically gifted. He's our starter.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I agree holtz finally trusted his players. he didn't turtle up and settle for Fgs. he was pretty animated on the sidelines too.

as for Bj, the kid is out there having fun. he had a great game. i see athletes all the time chatting it up with their opponents. lay off.

scott is the better RB as evidenced by his 1 yard more per carry. murray is a good rb too and should get 1/3 of the touches.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Skip has grown into a full grown manbeast!!!

(posted this GIF in another thread, and it will become my signature)

angry-kelly.gif

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

After the next loss, no doubt he'll get castrated again.

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Fair weather fans. :rolleyes:

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Agreed he coached this game very well. I was very happy to see him go for it on 4th down; decisive play of the game in my opinion.

We still have a lot of work to do on clock management though.

• Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I like the 4th down call. It showed he had confidence in them to get the first down and in turn they seemed to play with more confidence throughout the game. Q Eatmon got real fired up before the snap. I liked seeing that.

On a side note, when he called 1 more play in the half with 9 seconds left and BJ started scrambling around and chucked it in to the end zone to Marc which left 1 second on the clock. That was poor decision by BJ and almost cost us a FG opportunity. I'm not defending all of his Skip's playcalling, but now you know what went through his head at the end of the first half in the Cinnci game. He didn't fully trust BJ to do what he is coached to do.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Fair weather fans. :rolleyes:

false.

fairweather fans are those who are the biggest fans when a team is winning them abandons them when they lose.

nobody still posting on this forum, still attending games and still pulling for the bulls to win after spending the past month and a half swirling around the bottom of the Big East toilet bowl waiting to be flushed can be considered a fairweather fan.

criticizing a coach's or team's mistakes after one game and praises them for fixing those mistakes after the next has nothing to do with "fairweather."

it makes absolutely no sense to expect someone who is critical of mistakes to remain critical even after improvement is shown, just for the sake of remaining consistent in their criticism. opinions and evaluations change as conditions change. anyone who rigidly holds a specific opinion regardless of the changing circumstances is ignorant.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The play calling as a whole was very improved this week. I especially liked that we were more aggressive later in the game instead of turtleing up and trying not to lose. I hope this trend continues.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

as for Bj, the kid is out there having fun. he had a great game. i see athletes all the time chatting it up with their opponents. lay off.

This .... When it's all said and done, it's still just a game. Just because some fans are wound tighter than a three dollar watch, doesn't mean the players have to be.

Archived