• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Times: USF Bulls are having the worst season in their history

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Some of us who have been negative on this board recently have been lambasted because of it. It isn't that we hate USF or the Bulls or the coaches or players. It is just the opposite.

You have to have thick skin on here. If you are going to dare to have an opinion on something, be prepared for all kinds of vintage internet tactics to discredit you :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I can't disagree with the article. With how bad the Big East is, this has been a very disappointing season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

the thing that bugs me about the "three plays away from having one loss and #15 in the nation" line of horsecrap skip keeps bringing up is that it smells like the terrible BS WHAT IF excuse machine we have so often associated with UCF trolls.

I don't want to be those guys--- I don't need moral victories. I need us to play to our potential and know how to finish off a team we have solidly beaten for the better part of an entire game. Beat Cuse tonight and save this lame excuse crap for other teams

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

the thing that bugs me about the "three plays away from having one loss and #15 in the nation" line of horsecrap skip keeps bringing up is that it smells like the terrible BS WHAT IF excuse machine we have so often associated with UCF trolls.

I don't want to be those guys--- I don't need moral victories. I need us to play to our potential and know how to finish off a team we have solidly beaten for the better part of an entire game. Beat Cuse tonight and save this lame excuse crap for other teams

Funny part is it was an accurate statement. We are 3 (or maybe 5) plays away from being 7 - 1 and ranked. But who is accountable for the fact we are not?

• Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Funny part is it was an accurate statement. We are 3 (or maybe 5) plays away from being 7 - 1 and ranked. But who is accountable for the fact we are not?

Probably 3 (or maybe 5) different people ...

• Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Does anybody else remember how much we sucked in 2004? 4-8 in a mediocre C-USA I'm sorry, but while I am disappointed in this season, to call this the worst season ever is far from true.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

to me it comes down to how we are playing those fourth quarters-- how we are playing defense so cautiously that we let them storm down the field and make comebacks (thankfully Cuse was unable to punch it in when they got to the red zone). ANd also how we continue to pass when we should be running and owrking the clock down with a decent lead in the fourth quarter. This isn't rocket science-- if you have a team on the ropes, you can further your grip on the game with proper clock management. We still are not getting that part of the game. To put it down to a handful of plays as being the determining factor ignores the situation being played out over and over again in the last 5 games (yes-- even in tonights game). It's frustrating to watch because we seem like we have a very good game plan for the first three quarters then we morph into this team that is playing bass-ackwards. To ignore that just seems ridiculous and redundant.

I'm not saying our team is a full of the best talent ever or that we don't have some serious holes in some areas. But we do have enough talent to beat any of the teams on our schedule if we utilize those players correctly. You don't build leads like we have (and man we could have had a much larger lead heading into the 4th tonight) without having a level of talent to move the ball and stop the other team. We;ve had one game where we just looked terrible most of the game (Pitt)-- all other games have shown us to have talent. But this bad run was our own fault and something we didn't coach properly. It is a correctable situation but it seems like the same game every time we play.

anyway-- nice to get a win tonight. It has been a very frustrating season to watch.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Does anybody else remember how much we sucked in 2004? 4-8 in a mediocre C-USA I'm sorry, but while I am disappointed in this season, to call this the worst season ever is far from true.

4-7 in a mediocre C-USA. FBS schedules were only 11 games back then.

• Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

Gary Shelton has been skewered on this board as someone who dislikes USF. He was ranked up there with Brett. The Gators just lost 4 in a row before sneaking past Vandy. Can you find a similar article by him on them?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4-7 in a mediocre C-USA. FBS schedules were only 11 games back then.

We were very close to only winning 3 games that season too but we pulled it out in OT against TCU.

Archived