• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Times: USF Bulls are having the worst season in their history

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Can I get paid to point out things like it gets cold in Winter and hot in the Summer? This was a reality shattering article that I may not recover from.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

I thought the local media would love us once we got rid of Coach Vader?

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

Triple B.... I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!! sorry, I could not resist it.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

remember when Holtz apparently threw BJ under the bus at halftime of the Cinci game simply by telling the truth?

i don't want to hear ANYTHING other than "our defense has cost us 3 games because we go into prevent and let teams come back on us in the fourth quarter. i'm working with DC Snyder on this every day."

if he can be honest about a boneheaded BJ play, he should be BRUTALLY honest about his DC's "horrocious" playcalling.

if i recall he DID say something about our defensive playcalling after Pitt, but he withered like a pussywillow as soon as Snyder snapped back.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I thought the local media would love us once we got rid of Coach Vader?

They do love us but now they can write about our pathetic season, our losing streak, our lack of success in a weak conference and they can quote Skip Holtz's cute little one-liners instead of writing about an intemperate head coach. They REALLY DO love us :wub:

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Tough love.

USF falls only so far as our expectations climb.

we expected very little last year with a first year coach, and were "surprised" with an 8-5 finish and a bowl win over Clemson.

that gave a lot of us reason to expect growth this year... but a more reasonable expectation would probably have been an outcome like this: growing pains with a new coach and young players.

last year wasn't our "growing pains," this year is... except Alan Thicke isn't our coach (or is he?)

quite a few people looked at our schedule and said "4 of 5 Big East games on the road to start conference play" and saw the potential for disaster.

we have problems winning at Pitt. we have problems winning at Connecticut. we have problems beating Rutgers at all. Cinci is having a surprising season, and we haven't exactly had our way with them since joining the BE.

none of this should be unexpected. hopefully, since we're following trends, we'll continue the trend against Cuse, continue the trend against L'Ville at home and play a good game against WVU as we usually do.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just a down year-they all have them...Texas got snake bit last year and they have top tier coaches and talent...just sometimes that's how the ball rolls

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I particularly agreed with this line as it sums up my feelings....

"So, yeah, if you are a USF fan, you have every right to be frustrated. It's the price of caring about a program that cannot finish."

Some of us who have been negative on this board recently have been lambasted because of it. It isn't that we hate USF or the Bulls or the coaches or players. It is just the opposite.

For those of you with kids, when your kids bring home a bad report card, you get upset, frustrated, and are disappointed. You express those opnions at that time and let it all out. Because you KNOW they are capable of more if they just try a little harder and make less mistakes.

We all want what is best for USF, and part of that is winning the games you should win. This current team and coaching staff have lost 3 games they SHOULD HAVE WON. if that makes us frustrated and vocal, so what. If we are called "negative" so be it. It is appropriate given this program has underachieved this year....

Okay, off my soap box now.

Archived