• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who do these guys belong to??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Maybe Pitt & Cincy's previous regime left better talent than our previous regime, point is, you cant control who was left for you to play with

But you can control how the game is played. You're up 7 points with 7 minutes left and have shown the ability to run the ball and you start a series throwing incomplete passes and only killing 40 seconds off the clock.

One of the biggest reasons we're blowing these games late is poor clock management throughout the course of the game.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I was thinking of the defense. Not in terms of scoring defense either, just hitting.

agreed, they probably are the toughest group... in terms of hitting, USF made some big hits yesterday.. especially in the secondary

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Skip needs his players to hold onto a 14 point 4th quarter lead? Whose players got the14 point lead? His or leavitt's?

Also, there will be some growing pains on the O-line the next couple years due to the youth there.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

As I said earlier, its not too much to ask for a second year coach that is making almost $2 million a year to be able to win a few conference games. I'm not asking to dominate the conference.

I'm a big believer that if a team is getting blown out consistently there is a big talent differential. However, when the game comes down to one score, the coaching staff plays a bigger role in the outcome of the game.

Since Skip has been here we have been involved in 11 games decided by one score or less. How many times have games been lost or even our wins were closer than they should have been because of poor clock management, stupid defensive plaay calls down the stretch, poor offensive play calls, poor special teams play? These are all functions of poor in game coaching or lack of preparedness.

We have had the talent to be in these games down to the final scores. That's on coaching in my book.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

As I said earlier, its not too much to ask for a second year coach that is making almost $2 million a year to be able to win a few conference games. I'm not asking to dominate the conference.

I'm a big believer that if a team is getting blown out consistently there is a big talent differential. However, when the game comes down to one score, the coaching staff plays a bigger role in the outcome of the game.

Since Skip has been here we have been involved in 11 games decided by one score or less. How many times have games been lost or even our wins were closer than they should have been because of poor clock management, stupid defensive plaay calls down the stretch, poor offensive play calls, poor special teams play? These are all functions of poor in game coaching or lack of preparedness.

We have had the talent to be in these games down to the final scores. That's on coaching in my book.

Good points here.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I was thinking of the defense. Not in terms of scoring defense either, just hitting.

Defense held Rutgers to -7 yards rushing. That is hard nosed defense. Defense didn't give up a 98 yard TD.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I absolutely agree.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Defense held Rutgers to -7 yards rushing. That is hard nosed defense. Defense didn't give up a 98 yard TD.

Yeah, but they did a 35 yarder to tie the game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I was talking about Cincinnati. They get all over recievers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

5 years from now, someone will probably still be blaming Coach Leavitt for something that went wrong -- he's one of those polarizing guys you either hate or love.

we shat the bed and it's on the coaches to keep that from happening-- bottom line

Archived