• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

where were u at the Auburn game?

cuz from what i recall the USF section was totally unruly, nobody sitting and no clear seating arrangements. people just stood where they fit.

those were the rowdiest, non-sittingest Bulls fans i've ever been around.

on Jenks' last INT that we all thought was a pick 6, people were literally running up and down the stairs.

Thanks... I was one of those drunk a$$ba$tards.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

This weekend we will find out how far USF has come as a football program. New football fans will tell you that how the team performs on the field tells you how far the program has come. Not true. It's a piece of the puzzle and makes it easier for a program to look good but, the depth of the football program is in the fan base.

A couple of years ago it looked like USF was close to being a big time program because they were highly ranked and the band wagon fans jumped on board.

However, the true measure of a football program is the fan base when the team has not performed as well as the fan base has expected.

I'll be there, and will be load, and won't sit down even though my seats are in the old farts section.

Here we go again.  The greatest fan because he stands and blocks the view of people who are too old to stand the entire game.  Next time your standing helps BJ complete a pass or Bonani make a kick, get back to me.

And BTW, I stand when everyone else stands.  We old farts only stood one entire game and that was WV in '07.

Make sure and dont make a trip to a real college football stadium. you would never make it.

Right, because everyone in a "real" college football stadium stands the entire game, every game ... please spare us the ********. I'm sure that the average fan attending USF games aren't the grizzled veterans of other college football stadiums but this "everybody stands all the time" is ******* ridiculous.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

If the noise level in a stadium, or people standing the whole game, had anything to do with anything teams would never lose home games.

We beat ND at their place with only 5,000 USF fans up in the nether reaches of the stadium.  Not everyone stood every play.  And yet we managed to win the game. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I was FIRMLY planted in the stand the whole game crowd UNTIL my back wouldn't allow me to stand the entire game. In all seriousness, if you want to stand the entire game, move to the back row. You have to make "sacrifices" sometimes.

• Content Count:  1,757

This weekend we will find out how far USF has come as a football program. New football fans will tell you that how the team performs on the field tells you how far the program has come. Not true. It's a piece of the puzzle and makes it easier for a program to look good but, the depth of the football program is in the fan base.

A couple of years ago it looked like USF was close to being a big time program because they were highly ranked and the band wagon fans jumped on board.

However, the true measure of a football program is the fan base when the team has not performed as well as the fan base has expected.

I'll be there, and will be load, and won't sit down even though my seats are in the old farts section.

Here we go again.  The greatest fan because he stands and blocks the view of people who are too old to stand the entire game.  Next time your standing helps BJ complete a pass or Bonani make a kick, get back to me.

And BTW, I stand when everyone else stands.  We old farts only stood one entire game and that was WV in '07.

Make sure and dont make a trip to a real college football stadium. you would never make it.

Right, because everyone in a "real" college football stadium stands the entire game, every game ... please spare us the ********. I'm sure that the average fan attending USF games aren't the grizzled veterans of other college football stadiums but this "everybody stands all the time" is ******* ridiculous.

Ha, have you been to UF, FSU, LSU? They sit down but its not for long. Obviously our fans who yell about the standing would never make it there. There are no TSA folks to go ask to tell someone to sit down in death valley. Why dont you stick to basketball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

Ha, have you been to UF, FSU, LSU? They sit down but its not for long. Obviously our fans who yell about the standing would never make it there. There are no TSA folks to go ask to tell someone to sit down in death valley. Why dont you stick to basketball.

Ha, been to the two Florida schools and you're full of **** ... Do some stand the whole game? Absolutely ..... the whole stadium, all game, every game ... no way. And i'm sure those stadiums have some "old farts sections" that the poster who started this referred to, and if a couple of dicks tried to stand the WHOLE game there, they'd catch the same crap. I'll stick to basket ball if you quit making up ****.

• Content Count:  743

Seems to have missed the point here.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

well, I have been to Florida, FSU, Miami, Alabama, Pitt and Penn State to name a few big college games and all fans do not stand the entire game.  I stand frequently,  when I want to, not because I am told to or because others tell me not  to.  That said, standing doesn't make me a better fan than someone else.  I AM one of those old farts referred to here and many of the young "children" around me sit the entire game and I couldn't care less whether they are sitting on their hands or standing waving their humidifiers

• Content Count:  4,879

hey keith, when you grow up (hopefully you will someday) you'll learn that 'when in Rome do as the Romans do is' is a good guideline for one's actions.  there are plenty of sections at rayjay that you will be right at home standing in the entire game.  in my old farts section, we stand when the action on the field calls for it.

• Content Count:  1,757

I have been a seaosn ticket holder for 6 years, this is always an issue. Its what really takes away from us having a college football stadium atmosphere. People yelling at you to sit down, while the cheerleaders are telling you to stand up, and a TSA guy coming up and saying if you stand up again your out of here. What a wild and intimidating environment this creates for opposing teams. I am in a standing section as well right next to our fabulous students who creep into our section, make out, start fights, and dont pay attention to the the game.

Archived