• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

This weekend we will find out how far USF has come as a football program. New football fans will tell you that how the team performs on the field tells you how far the program has come. Not true. It's a piece of the puzzle and makes it easier for a program to look good but, the depth of the football program is in the fan base.

A couple of years ago it looked like USF was close to being a big time program because they were highly ranked and the band wagon fans jumped on board.

However, the true measure of a football program is the fan base when the team has not performed as well as the fan base has expected.

I'll be there, and will be load, and won't sit down even though my seats are in the old farts section.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

nooners suck. my old lady works til 4 and my son (1 yo) is too young to put him out in the noonday sun, even in October.

gotta find a sitter and someone to take her spot, who is almost never as die-hard a fan as she is.

BUT i will be there. no matter the record, the conference, the QB, the coaches... i would have to be hospitalized or in a pine box to miss a home Bulls game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

I gotta have my coffee ready by 8:30 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. kickoff.

I will never not bother to roll out of bed to see the Bulls play, even if it means waking up 45 minutes early.

Win or lose, I won't hit snooze.

• Content Count:  168

I know it's homecoming but is there any buzz on campus?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

This weekend we will find out how far USF has come as a football program. New football fans will tell you that how the team performs on the field tells you how far the program has come. Not true. It's a piece of the puzzle and makes it easier for a program to look good but, the depth of the football program is in the fan base.

A couple of years ago it looked like USF was close to being a big time program because they were highly ranked and the band wagon fans jumped on board.

However, the true measure of a football program is the fan base when the team has not performed as well as the fan base has expected.

I'll be there, and will be load, and won't sit down even though my seats are in the old farts section.

Here we go again.  The greatest fan because he stands and blocks the view of people who are too old to stand the entire game.  Next time your standing helps BJ complete a pass or Bonani make a kick, get back to me.

And BTW, I stand when everyone else stands.  We old farts only stood one entire game and that was WV in '07.

• Content Count:  1,757

Here we go again.  The greatest fan because he stands and blocks the view of people who are too old to stand the entire game.  Next time your standing helps BJ complete a pass or Bonani make a kick, get back to me.

And BTW, I stand when everyone else stands.  We old farts only stood one entire game and that was WV in '07.

Make sure and dont make a trip to a real college football stadium. you would never make it.

Make sure and dont make a trip to a real college football stadium. you would never make it.

Somehow I survived Auburn, the Swamp, ND and the Sun Bowl.  Are those real college football arenas?  And if everyone in the stadium was standing I would.  But if 3 guys in one section are standing, it doesn't motivate me.  Like I said, I'm up when everyone else is.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:clubs

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

where were u at the Auburn game?

cuz from what i recall the USF section was totally unruly, nobody sitting and no clear seating arrangements. people just stood where they fit.

those were the rowdiest, non-sittingest Bulls fans i've ever been around.

on Jenks' last INT that we all thought was a pick 6, people were literally running up and down the stairs.

where were u at the Auburn game?

cuz from what i recall the USF section was totally unruly, nobody sitting and no clear seating arrangements. people just stood where they fit.

those were the rowdiest, non-sittingest Bulls fans i've ever been around.

on Jenks' last INT that we all thought was a pick 6, people were literally running up and down the stairs.

On the aisle across from the first row of the band.  I had that song they play after every play in my head for days.  Like I said, if people are standing, I'm standing.  Before my hip replacements it was a bit tough to do.  But I did it.  I actually put my first surgery off until after football season - just because of football season.  Easier to stand now. 

Look, I love the atmosphere of college football and packed stadiums.  I would be thrilled if every game was like that WV game.  And if they were, I'd be standing.  But the fact is the atmosphere is usually far from that.  Plus, I'm pretty superstitious and it seems every time I stand and scream on a 3rd down play the other team gets a first down.  So I stand and either clap or, what seems to work better, is put my hands in my back pockets.

Archived