• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need to rename this board the Whine and Cheese Board

Guest BearlyDoug

I'd like to whine about the wining that's whining about the whining.

Signed,

The United States Department of Redundancy for the United States.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

just taking after the team

whine about the flu

whine about the humidity

now its the fans turns.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

yes, but whining about people whining is still whining.

if someone derails a convo with emo arm cutting "i'm not attending homecoming" crap just set them straight IN THAT THREAD.

making a new thread about our extremely fickle, bi-polar whiney fanbase just adds fuel to the fire.

Good point. I've clarified this before but will again ... Whining about whining in a direct response to a whine, like your example, is perfectly acceptable because it is to be treated like a double negative, in other words, a positive. Starting a thread with a generic whine about whining is, I'm sorry to say, just more whining ....

And for the record, though, whining about people whining about other people whining has an uncovered whining and is ultimately classified as a whine ...

whining about whiners not following the rules of whining when whining about other people whining about whining is a partial whine.

I'm going to need a ruling on that one ...

• Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

Seriously people.  I am disappointed with the loss to UConn, especially since Pitt laid an egg against Utah earlier on Saturday, which left us with two losses to low quality teams.

However, all this whining about the loss, threats to not attend homecoming, threats to cancel season tickets, threats to stop following the team, disrespectful posts about the late LRS, and other posts that make me want to puke, really makes this board a very negative experience.

There is nothing wrong with being ticked off about the loss.  There is nothing wrong with being ticked off about poor play and/or poor coaching.  However, the ridiculous posting is just plain poor sportsmanship.  We played like crap, UConn did not, and we lost the game.  Take your lumps and prepare for the next game.

This team and your alma mater needs your support.  Please think before posting after a disappointing loss.

I really don't like this as well, but just know that you won't change anything.  It is what it is year-in year-out.  Take it for what it's worth.  I used to become emotional about it too regarding our fans message board diatribes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

just taking after the team

whine about the flu

whine about the humidity

You forgot about the refs.  How could you forget about the refs?  I am really disappointed in this subpar effort in beaching and moaning.

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

USf is taking it's lumps-- the bad news is those lumps are tumors

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Isn't that partly why this board was created?  Of course people are going to post things they don't really mean when their emotions are running high right after a loss or discuss a poorly executed play or coaching decision and whine, whine, whine.  

A wine and cheese board sounds good right about now, oh wait its only 9:30 a.m., never mind.  

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

this thread needs more boobs.

Most intelligent post I've read in two days.

and it has plenty already...

• Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

this thread needs more boobs.

Most intelligent post I've read in two days.

and it has plenty already...

:cheers

Archived