• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Only a Football Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not saying that we need to cry, but to just say oh shucks... Gee golly we lost that one is gay... We need to show some anger over this loss... We got beat by the weakest team in the big east again... Heads need to ting roll

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I don't know... we seemed pretty "mature" as you might call it around here after Pitt.  It smelled more like apathy to me.  I for one and glad to see a little fire in our fan base.  Not just because we are become to college football what Lucy was to the comics page but also because it shows we still have engaged fans.

Oh well.. time to take the kids out for ice cream ... if you really are that enraged after a college football team looses you should probably reevaluate your life priorities.

Is it just me or are those two thought processes pretty much contradictory .....?  :-\

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't know... we seemed pretty "mature" as you might call it around here after Pitt.  It smelled more like apathy to me.  I for one and glad to see a little fire in our fan base.  Not just because we are become to college football what Lucy was to the comics page but also because it shows we still have engaged fans.

Oh well.. time to take the kids out for ice cream ... if you really are that enraged after a college football team looses you should probably reevaluate your life priorities.

Is it just me or are those two thought processes pretty much contradictory .....?   :-\

These quotes were by the same poster ... But by two different people.  ;D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Is it just me or are those two thought processes pretty much contradictory .....?   :-\

Or ... Grouper has more problems that we originally thought. :D

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

It is all about balance.  Fans should be upset, even disgusted.  Especially by the way the team played against Pitt, the team simply didn't show up.  But the second quote was in response to something like "Fans of xyz team wouldn't tolerate this kind of performance.."  Of coures they would, and they have in the past.  There is a difference between being fired up and engaged and enraged.  If you are fired up and engaged you are a fan.  If you are enraged then you need help.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

That certainly brings back memories ..... right, Bruce?  :D

• Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The worst thing for this program now is apathy.  Highs and lows of emotions are good because people care.  When fans stop caring and the fanbase is apathetic, attendance, season ticket sales, and donations dry up.  Not good.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

There's another game on TV right now - THAT'S only a game.

Fans do have a right to be upset over losses, you can't have elation over wins and expect no counter reaction over losses.  It's emotion, it makes fans.

It's not only a game to me, but I've been a fan since the beginning and don't feel a need to show my backend after every loss.

Just some wishful encouragement to grow up for those really struggling again this week.

I'm with Brad on this one.  I have a bureau full of USF shirts, and a ton of USF items.  Mostly due to my football passion, USF football passion.  I pay for season tix, donate money, and arrange my schedule around USF football.  It is NOT "just a game" to me.

Are children dying?  only of sadness if they are USF football fans. 

We lose in October.  We lose winnable games.  We shoot ourselves in the foot frequently.  And we don't appear to have an answer to what ails us.  We had 17 days to prepare for a mediocre UConn, and we did everything we could to lose the game. Turnoves, penalties, messed up plays, wasted TO's, etc.  It was a mess from start to finish. 

So for me, as I have a vested interest in, and have helped to fund and operate the program through my avid support, I see it as a little more than a game.

It would be one thing to lose to Pitt by 6 pionts.  Or to WVU, or a top ranked team.  But to lose to UCONN sets it in motion that this program is going backwards even from last year, and that we have SERIOUS issues. 

We will be lucky to get bowl eligible this season unless something changes quickly. 

BTW< having been there on fan day, the players and coaches all felt confident they contend for the BE championship.  We are in dead last place right now.  DEAD LAST....

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And only one football game.

I am not aware of any small children dying on the field today.  Let's please try and keep some perspective.  There will be other games, and we will win a lot of them.

Go Bulls!

It's this perspective that keeps us from getting to the next level as fans... Gator fans or noles fans would not tolerate this trash

Really?  Are they undefeated this year?  I must have missed it.    ::)

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The worst thing for this program now is apathy.  Highs and lows of emotions are good because people care.  When fans stop caring and the fanbase is apathetic, attendance, season ticket sales, and donations dry up.  Not good.

You don't have to be completely hysterical to prove you aren't apathetic.  It's one thing to say the team didn't play well, made mistakes, to be frustrated, upset.

It's quite another to read the hysteria in these threads.  The school president should not be immediately fired because the football game lost one road game by six points.  And that was one of the more reasoned posts.  Lives should not be at risk because of a football game.

I'm also in favor of an online sobriety test before being allowed to post.  ;D

Archived