• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NY Post: Bickering Big East may hike exit fees

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting.

The Big East Conference's basketball media day next Wednesday already figured to be an awkward affair with Pitt and Syracuse in the same room with the programs the two schools have abandoned in favor of the ACC.

In fact, the level of animosity between the FBS schools and the non-FBS schools has escalated in recent days, The Post has learned. The league is considering raising the exit fee for FBS members to $10 million but keeping the fee for non-FBS members at $5 million, a source told The Post.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/bickering_big_east_may_hike_exit_UeOYA562UF6RL51LijVw1I

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Until the non-football members are split off completely, this model will never work.  You may be able to duct tape it for a few more months/years, but in the end, it will never work.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Good luck with raising exit fees now--ain't goin' happen.  Remember having to pay a membership fee and having to make advance deposit to join a video rental store; those days are long past--everyone has a pay as you go mentality today and asking for extra millions to leave conference is going to go over like a lead balloon with Big East presidents.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Interesting.

The Big East Conference's basketball media day next Wednesday already figured to be an awkward affair with Pitt and Syracuse in the same room with the programs the two schools have abandoned in favor of the ACC.

In fact, the level of animosity between the FBS schools and the non-FBS schools has escalated in recent days, The Post has learned. The league is considering raising the exit fee for FBS members to $10 million but keeping the fee for non-FBS members at $5 million, a source told The Post.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/bickering_big_east_may_hike_exit_UeOYA562UF6RL51LijVw1I

lol... $10 Million is nothing... its a drop in the bucket to the BigXII, SEC, and ACC... hell a Big East team would make that money back in 2 seasons with a real football conference.

The Big East needs to raise the exit fee to $20 or $30 million... if they did this then the bigger conferences would pass on the Big East and focus on each other.

Why pay $30 Million for a Big East team when you can pay $30M for a SEC or ACC team.

Also the basketball schools are really stupid... by keeping the exit fee low for them all they are doing is sealing their fate. When the football schools reach 12 members they will have a majority. Only the service academies will be football only members whereas your UCF, Temple, SMU's, and Boise State's will have full voting rights and will have the majority to vote out the basketball schools for good.

The Big East will never be taken seriously as long as you have these leaches in the conference.

I think this entire affair has made me hate Big East basketball...

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure who you are to believe.  An article I read yesterday said the basketball schools wanted to raise the exit fee, but the football schools were not wanting to do it.  Which is it?  You really can't believe anything you read anymore.  >:(

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the big east is run by fools and even the remaining members arent committed so we simply have to wait and see who invites us

someone will

but in the end it will not be good for usf because we will be an instant doormat

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Smazza: how do you feel about giving up law and writing fortune cookies?

I think your right on this one

the big east is run by fools and even the remaining members arent committed so we simply have to wait and see who invites us

someone will

but in the end it will not be good for usf because we will be an instant doormat

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

hopefully this starts the fight that should have happened a long time ago: the one to force the breakup of the BB only schools and the all-sports schools.  they can have fun in the Atlantic 10.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Big East is a mess

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm not sure who you are to believe.  An article I read yesterday said the basketball schools wanted to raise the exit fee, but the football schools were not wanting to do it.  Which is it?  You really can't believe anything you read anymore.   >:(

The articles do not contradict each other.  There was a proposal to raise the exit fees to $10million (by the basketball schools).  That proposal has not yet been agreed to (football schools laughed at basketball schools).

Archived