• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greenbay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I saw this this morning and started thinking...which is dangerous at 6am.

Lambaugh Field is a "publicly" owned football facility. They're planning a $130million expansion/upgrade.

"Shares" are $200.00 each. No interest, no voting rights, no dividends other than saying "I own a piece of the stadium."

Could USF do something like this? Could a public school technically sell "shares" to finance a stadium?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Probly not.... but i'd buy

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

isn't that in essence what they did with the bricks...I know it's not the exact same thing, but it did raise $$$

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

they do get to attend annual meeting at Lambeau and get tour as part of owning stock which is still pretty cool

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

isn't that in essence what they did with the bricks...I know it's not the exact same thing, but it did raise $$$

Yea, I thought the same thing.

Maybe do something similiar and put names on a wall of fame facade somewhere actually on the stadium. Each "share" brick would be etched with the "owners" name and date that the share was purchased.

Only have to sell about a million of them at $250 each!

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Yea, I thought the same thing.

Maybe do something similiar and put names on a wall of fame facade somewhere actually on the stadium. Each "share" brick would be etched with the "owners" name and date that the share was purchased.

Only have to sell about a million of them at $250 each!

You have to start somewhere. 

• Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

But most people will not just invest $250 for a share.  Let's say average is $2500.  You don't need a million people, just 100,000. 

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting idea.

I recall reading a few years ago that stadiums will now let you mortgage a seat. So you can buy a seat in a stadium, put 10% down and over the next 10-15 years pay it off. After the 10-15 years the seat is yours. Basically, this is a means to get more money upfront and consistently over 10-15 years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

We have a locker room full of UN "sponsored" lockers ... we don't have the donors.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Interesting idea.

I recall reading a few years ago that stadiums will now let you mortgage a seat. So you can buy a seat in a stadium, put 10% down and over the next 10-15 years pay it off. After the 10-15 years the seat is yours. Basically, this is a means to get more money upfront and consistently over 10-15 years.

Why stop there?  Why not securitize the mortgages and sell them to ML, MSSB, UBS, et al. and make a real killing.  Lets hope no one defaults on their mortgage.  Ahhh wtf, we won't see the problem come to surface for a few years and by then the ocs will be built.

Archived