• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flame War You Will Enjoy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Probably off topic, but I know how much everyone enjoys the former USF beat writer.  There are some back and forth tweets with the writer for WVU's 247 site.

For those non-twitter followers, the name at the top is the person tweeting, if there is an @name that is the person they are directing the tweet at.

McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy

Fans hoping for SEC invite are hilarious. Slive answers ?s on 14th team; fans respond he isn't telling truth. So just believe what you want

13 minutes ago

AKrumpEerSports Anthony Krumpach

@

@McMurphyCBS So who lied when you said WVU was rejected by the SEC? Your sources or Mike Slive?

8 minutes ago

McMurphyCBS Brett McMurphy

@

@AKrumpEerSports what time is the WVU to SEC press conference this week again?

7 minutes ago

AKrumpEerSports Anthony Krumpach

@

@McMurphyCBS Good one. Run with anymore rumors as legit stories today?

5 minutes ago

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

That being said, BMM is alll over the place these days.

He was on Rivals Radio, Bill King show the other day for 20 minutes covering all kinds off stuff but no big east.

Possibly his star power has grown and he is landed in a much better place.  He is clearly marketing the BMM brand out there.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Based on those 4 tweets alone, I'd say BMM got pwned. 

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

what tweets were u reading? love him or hate him, BMM gets scoops and has a better inside track than most.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

what tweets were u reading? love him or hate him, BMM gets scoops and has a better inside track than most.

To be honest, I don't care about him either way.  The underlined tweet above is on point though, thinking about the story he wrote about the basketball team a couple years ago. 

I just think Twitter throwdowns are funny.  :P

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

He's a scum bag journalist who reports rumors before anything becomes official. I don't care how popular he becomes, its evident who he really is.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

He has really advanced his career... Very popular cfb writer now. CBS has helped him a great deal I think.

CBS has a great cfb staff

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Really, I think engaging in a twitter war is unprofessional.  Unprofessional on both sides, but I would think much more so for someone with CBS next to their name than someone from a fledgling web network.

Besides, the 247 guy is wittier.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

We have people on here that love Brett and those that think he was the downfall of Jim Leavitt (which just happens to be the turning point for our program - maybe I'm jumping the gun on that one).

I've been texting Brett about every other weekend. Even for his haters, it's hard to deny that he hasn't been relevant over the last two months for fans of college football. I've asked him specifically about opportunities for USF, and each time he's responded that they're just not there yet with a specific conference (Big 12 and ACC). He still has a lot of good friends in the Tampa area for the 95% of our fan base that despises him, so it's not like he's trying to take a leak in everyone's Wheaties (no matter how much we think he is).

And believe it or not, he has not thrown USF under the bus at every opportune moment (I know, hard to believe, right). We would have had a considerable amount of player suspensions over the years if Brett published everything that got relayed to him. Just my two cents (and yes, I'm a Brett apologist).

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He has really advanced his career... Very popular cfb writer now. CBS has helped him a great deal I think.

CBS has a great cfb staff

CM no reason to keep snuggling up to BM's stink hole, Leavitt's gone already  ;)

Archived