• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flame War You Will Enjoy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Ok- someone explain something to me because apparently I am missing this-

If MULTIPLE sources reported that WVU submitted an application to the S.E.C and then the S.E.C comes out and officially accepts Texas A&M then says we are not adding anymore teams...how is Brett saying WVU got rejected by the S.E.C. Not accurate?

Sure- the word "rejected" is a little harsh but the fact is they applied and the S.E.C said thanks but no thanks.

I don't see what WVU fans are all bent out of shape about.

What makes you think it is a fact that they applied?

I just said that it was confirmed  by multiple sources that they applied.  so unless Brett just made that up and several other people ran with it....

and if they had "conversations" which you are quite sure of....then maybe those "conversations" went something along the lines of

WVU- hey we would really like to join the SEC

SEC- no, don't bother.  you wouldnt get it

then how would that be different then being rejected?  again- as i said originally- maybe rejected was harsh way to put it but WVU clearly was interested in the SEC and the SEC clearly wasn't interested in them.

what is your point and why do you try to counter everything i say?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Nothing personal.  I try to bring rational thought to the conversation when hysteria reigns.

Quite often that effort fails.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

If MULTIPLE sources reported that WVU submitted an application to the S.E.C and then the S.E.C comes out and officially accepts Texas A&M then says we are not adding anymore teams...how is Brett saying WVU got rejected by the S.E.C. Not accurate?

Sure- the word "rejected" is a little harsh but the fact is they applied and the S.E.C said thanks but no thanks.

What makes you think it is a fact that they applied?

I just said that it was confirmed  by multiple sources that they applied.  so unless Brett just made that up and several other people ran with it....

and if they had "conversations" which you are quite sure of....then maybe those "conversations" went something along the lines of

WVU- hey we would really like to join the SEC

SEC- no, don't bother.  you wouldnt get it

then how would that be different then being rejected?  again- as i said originally- maybe rejected was harsh way to put it but WVU clearly was interested in the SEC and the SEC clearly wasn't interested in them.

what is your point and why do you try to counter everything i say?

the rejection was probably more like this:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

It's totally a semantics issue, I believe.  If it was my team, I'd probably rather the word "declined" or "not accepted" rather than "rejected."  Rejected has a more harsher connotation, like you said, even though it's basically true.  I think "rejected" was likely used to make a point to WVU fans by rival team fans. 

the correct term is probably "wait-listed"

It's totally a semantics issue, I believe.  If it was my team, I'd probably rather the word "declined" or "not accepted" rather than "rejected."  Rejected has a more harsher connotation, like you said, even though it's basically true.  I think "rejected" was likely used to make a point to WVU fans by rival team fans. 

or the good ole....

Don't call us....We'll call you

or the good ole....

Don't call us....We'll call you

disagree--

I meant exactly what I wrote. They are clearly an option the SEC would consider, but I cannot say that is for the 14th slot or the 16th slot--- and the reason they are wait-listed is simply because the SEC is not in any hurry to make any more moves at this time.

• Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Auman is a toadie. McMurphy is cutthroat but he breaks stories.

Besides Slapgate, what stories has the BM broken? He didn't break the Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC story, that was broken by the NY Times on Friday. BM just locked it up on Saturday morning, calling his stooges after seeing the Times piece ...

If BM had stuff on it before Friday, I will stand corrected.

Besides Slapgate, what stories has the BM broken? He didn't break the Pitt and Syracuse to the ACC story, that was broken by the NY Times on Friday. BM just locked it up on Saturday morning, calling his stooges after seeing the Times piece ...

pretty sure he camped out under that tiny bridge in front of Brian Fisher house back in the day

• Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

pretty sure he camped out under that tiny bridge in front of Brian Fisher house back in the day

Even if true, can that really be classified as a "story"? The only ones caring about that was us and UCF fans ...

Triple B- arguably the only people reading a USF beat writer's blog is us (usf fans) and ucf fans

Archived