• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Finally AA gets it right with the Bulls....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/23521/page/Picks/predictions-big-east-week-3

Florida A&M (1-1) at No. 20 USF (2-0), 7 p.m., Saturday, ESPN3. This may be an in-state game, but the Rattlers are not in the same stratosphere as the Bulls, who should be able to play their reserves for a majority of this game. USF 45, Florida A&M 3.

I think we have our starters play the 1st half only.....Thoughts? 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

AA Kiss of Death.... Now FAMU wins 97-3.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/23521/page/Picks/predictions-big-east-week-3

Florida A&M (1-1) at No. 20 USF (2-0), 7 p.m., Saturday, ESPN3. This may be an in-state game, but the Rattlers are not in the same stratosphere as the Bulls, who should be able to play their reserves for a majority of this game. USF 45, Florida A&M 3.

I think we have our starters play the 1st half only.....Thoughts? 

I'd like to see some of the 2's get worked in throughout the game. The 1's start and then increase the amount of rotation as the game goes on. I'd like to see BJ play for at least a half just because of the defense FAMU runs. They blitz a ton so it'll be nice to see how he sees the field when he has to adjust things on the fly.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

I think Holtz will tell BJ, first incomplete and your done  ;)

Really, I don't see a need for BJ to play much more than a couple/few series.

What you'll see is a lot of series with 1s and 2s at different positions.

Remember, building depth is not about buildng an entire 2nd string that could replace the 1st string... it means getting our #2s to be ready to step up and replace a #1 if there is an injury.

So, you'll see Bobby Eveld behind our #1 offensive line with our #1 receivers... you'll see some #2 OL blocking for BJ and Murray/Scott... you'll see backup linbackers with starting DL and DBs....

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

+1

As much as Eveld didn't have a good game last week, it's also tough to put him out there with a bunch of kids playing their first game and expect him to elevate their play.  Put BJ out there with the young receivers and they'll likely play better.  Put Eveld out there with the 1's and he likely plays much better. 

Same on defense, although our second team defense fared better.  That is to be expected because defense is more reacting to what the other offense is doing.  The offense is initiating, which takes a little more knowledge and comfort level.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

Totally agree - no wholesale subbing please.  The 2's will never get better if they only play with 2's.  Let's mix it up a lot - 1's and 2's mixed throughout after the first quarter (given it's a blowout by then).

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Be careful with any threads that mention AA, they quickly get highjacked and deleted.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The 2's will never get better if they only play with 2's. 

Well said.

Archived