• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Home Opener Attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

This donor/sponsorship mentality has plagued USF football and basketball for the last 10 years.  Corporations and big donors give to USF because "it is the right thing to do for the community".  In return, they are given tickets for the best seats in the house and use them 50% of the time.  IF they are sports fans, they would rather go to the alternative if available - UF, Rays, Lightning etc.  The first level of basketball is completely sold out and just looks pitiful at 50% in attendance even for big name games.  It's ******** that they don't donate them to BB/BS, B&GC or other charitable organizations that would put butts in the seats and cheer for the team.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

So you are saying the 2nd level/non donor is sold out ?

This is the way ALL college sports are.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I don't get how there was more in attendance for the UT-Martin game, who are a I-AA team than BSU and we just came off a victory against ND.

• Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

I don't get how there was more in attendance for the UT-Martin game, who are a I-AA team than BSU and we just came off a victory against ND.

USF was ranked #19/21 for that game in 2008. Of course 2007 was the #2/3 season.

I also wonder how many casual fans heard Tenn, but missed the Martin.  :D

• Content Count:  1,390

It was the year after the #2 ranking which meant an increase in season ticket sales.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Curious if we've surpassed season ticket sales from last season.

• Content Count:  1,985

Now, in the corp donor defense, I used to work for Bright House when they were a sponsor, we got tickets and gave them out, sometimes an entire section and people would snap them up then no show.

My staff knew if you took tickets for any event and I saw you did not show you never got tickets again.

Also, the Red Sox in town, a lot of the big sponsors also entertained there.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Can't complain much about the students. They were there for kickoff and were in it the first half. After halftime, energy level died and people started heading home (can't say I blame them).

And as a South Endzone resident, I must say they kicked our butts in the noise category.

Agreed.  Good job, students!!!

• Content Count:  2,726

I like that we're averaging in the mid 40 thousands now.  That was not the case 5 years ago. 

it's truly getting better year after year.  We have to keep winning of course.  But that will happen. 

We did have a great attendance year in 2007, but that was mostly cause of the rankings...look at the first game of that year...what was it Elon?  30 thousand something...and UNC?  I believe they didn't even open the upper deck for that game.

USF is on the right track...this season we might have over 50k at every other home game...except UTEP. 

GO BULLS!!!

8va

• Content Count:  1,386

I like that we're averaging in the mid 40 thousands now.  That was not the case 5 years ago. 

it's truly getting better year after year.  We have to keep winning of course.  But that will happen. 

We did have a great attendance year in 2007, but that was mostly cause of the rankings...look at the first game of that year...what was it Elon?  30 thousand something...and UNC?  I believe they didn't even open the upper deck for that game.

USF is on the right track...this season we might have over 50k at every other home game...except UTEP. 

GO BULLS!!!

8va

Here are the season averages since USF joined the BE.

38,865 - 2005 (5 home games, 3 home conf)

30,222 - 2006 (6 home games, 4 home conf) 8th of 14

53,170 - 2007 (6 home games, 3 home conf) Best

49,690 - 2008 (6 home games, 4 home conf)

52,553 - 2009 (6 home games, 3 home conf)

40,849 - 2010 (7 home games, 4 home conf)

From 2005 to 2010 USF averaged 44,280 per home game. Good call.

Based on the trend, we should average over 50k in 2011 depending on how USF stays in the top 25.

For 2007, the home games broke down like this.

Attnd    Team (AP/Coaches ranking before game)

33,639 Elon (#35/37 USF)

37,753 N. Carolina (#23/24 USF)

67,012 #5W. Virginia (#18 USF)

65,948 UCF (#5 USF)

57,379 Cincinnati (HC) (#20/21 USF)

57,288 Louisville (#29/NR USF)

Archived