• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 2 Other Games Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Really, hoping for a Cincy win over Tenn. That should get Cincy moving up in the polls and will help our ranking down the road when we play them.

That doesn't even need to be stated. Always BE OOC (except for maybe RU).  :P

I'll be rooting for NOTRE DAME to kill PITT.  :P

Please explain?

What's there to explain?

Pitt plays ND and then plays USF on a short week. I hope that Pitt not only loses to ND, but their team is totally wrecked when they play us.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Aahh. And ND wins rest of games so they go to BCS game and don't mess us BCS/Champs for us

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Really, hoping for a Cincy win over Tenn. That should get Cincy moving up in the polls and will help our ranking down the road when we play them.

Please explain?

What's there to explain?

Pitt plays ND and then plays USF on a short week. I hope that Pitt not only loses to ND, but their team is totally wrecked when they play us.

What you should be hoping for is a triple overtime game that ND wins.  A close loss wouldn't hurt Pitt's current standing, would get them emotionally and physically drained, and would keep ND with a one in the L column (provided we are the only ones that have beaten them going into that game). 

• Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

No. 22 MO@ASU

No. 16 MS St@Auburn

And possibly

No. 12 SC@GA

I think the rest of the top 21 are locks for the ranked teams.  If the Bulls take care of business they will move up 2-3 slots a week.  They should be tickling top ten by game 6 or 7.

ASU isn't very good, Auburn is definitely going to lose, and UGA got rolled last year by basically the same USC team. I'd say all of these ranked teams are locks to win.

• Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but one AP pollster gave USF a #5 ranking. Why would it stay there? I think it drops. Unless USF destroys Ball State, I don't see the other pollsters jumping USF that much. So based on my guess of the unique #5 ranking dropping, I see USF staying pat or maybe even losing a spot or two this week.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Just keep winning!!!!!!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Please explain?

What's there to explain?

Since we play both Pitt and ND, ideally, Pitt's only losses would be to us and WVU and ND's only losses would be to us and Pitt.  That helps the perceived strength of the Big East.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but one AP pollster gave USF a #5 ranking. Why would it stay there? I think it drops. Unless USF destroys Ball State, I don't see the other pollsters jumping USF that much. So based on my guess of the unique #5 ranking dropping, I see USF staying pat or maybe even losing a spot or two this week.

Good point, hadn't thought of that!

That #5 definitely comes down. Hopefully a few others move us up to compensate.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Good point, hadn't thought of that!

That #5 definitely comes down. Hopefully a few others move us up to compensate.

22 South Florida 1-0 221

23 Penn State 1-0 147

A 1st place vote in the AP gets 25 points... even if didn't have the 5th place vote, we would have still been 22nd in the AP poll. Plenty of things will change around next week, but the guy who voted us 5th doesn't have that much bearing unless he completely drops us from him poll. If he moves us down a few slots and other votes actually rank us, the new additions will most likely do more for our overall ranking.

Archived