• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Murray and Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Thought the run game wasn't too bad ... Scott did well for the few touches he got, he seems like a tough runner and with his size, he's pretty elusive.  Murray had a great series (I think it was on our scoring drive) where he got some key first downs. 

Didn't see anything to change Murray as the starter for Ball State, but I would like to see Scott get a bunch of work next week. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thought the run game wasn't too bad ... Scott did well for the few touches he got, he seems like a tough runner and with his size, he's pretty elusive.  Murray had a great series (I think it was on our scoring drive) where he got some key first downs. 

Didn't see anything to change Murray as the starter for Ball State, but I would like to see Scott get a bunch of work next week. 

ND will probably be the toughest team we face to run on during the regular season.

• Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

ND will probably be the toughest team we face to run on during the regular season.

+1

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If the O-line can open some holes, we may never see BJ throw more than 10 passes a game all season!

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I am sure that's by far the heaviest front seven we will face all year our running game will be solid this year

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I am sure that's by far the heaviest front seven we will face all year our running game will be solid this year

Well, we could face BAMA in a BCS game. Of course, that would be played next year. Not sure if that is what you were thinking.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

They were co-starters on the depth chart and will likely remain that way.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Agree Mama ... and our O-Line will get better these next 3 games and we'll be very strong come the conference schedule starting @ Pitt.

Murray is quick and both run strong. And sure we'll see Shaw more.

Need to get BJ rest the next 3 games ... win BIG and Early.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

My only complaint in the running game was how we were trying to use Lamar. They ran a reverse one time but sent  him in motion to the short side of the field-- less room to turn a corner-- I don't get that play calling. This wasn't a game where we could really use him at his best (wet track, hard to make cuts etc).

Scott is a beast out there and the change of pace we get with Murray will work great this season against lesser lines. We seemed to use Scott for most of the game and then brought Murray and his fresh legs in just at the right time when Holtz went to a hurry up quick attacking scheme to drive down for a TD. That was a brilliant series.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Murray looked explosive in the fourth quarter. I'd take that kind of running at the end of a game any time.

Archived