• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Murray and Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My only complaint in the running game was how we were trying to use Lamar. They ran a reverse one time but sent  him in motion to the short side of the field-- less room to turn a corner-- I don't get that play calling. This wasn't a game where we could really use him at his best (wet track, hard to make cuts etc).

Also, the way he motioned, I knew right away that he was going to get the ball and I think the Notre Dame defense knew it too.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Love these two guys as our 1-2 punch

• Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Given how much hype that the Notre Dame defense had entering the game, I thought both RBs played fine, especially Murray.

That said, the methodical, grinding drive that we sustained to open the fourth quarter was one of the most significant drives I can remember... really, in USF history. I mean, considering that the momentum had shifted to Notre Dame, and that it was clear that we desired to drain the clock, the effectiveness of the drive was pretty astonishing.

A big time defense knew that USF had to run the ball on that drive, and we came out in that fourth quarter, and shoved it right down their throat.

Along with the offensive line basically keeping the Notre Dame pass rush in check, the effectiveness of the running game during that drive, are the two take-aways from the game that most stoke my optimism moving forward.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Man, I am really excited for this season.  We can do it!!!

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

My only complaint in the running game was how we were trying to use Lamar. They ran a reverse one time but sent  him in motion to the short side of the field-- less room to turn a corner-- I don't get that play calling. This wasn't a game where we could really use him at his best (wet track, hard to make cuts etc).

Scott is a beast out there and the change of pace we get with Murray will work great this season against lesser lines. We seemed to use Scott for most of the game and then brought Murray and his fresh legs in just at the right time when Holtz went to a hurry up quick attacking scheme to drive down for a TD. That was a brilliant series.

+1

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Scott gets hit and drives another 4 yards.  I hope we find a way to get him really pounding the other teams.  He is huge.  Murray was really good.

• Content Count:  4,879

we won't see as tough a front seven until BCS bowl game

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Also, the way he motioned, I knew right away that he was going to get the ball and I think the Notre Dame defense knew it too.

precisely--- sure hope the staff sees that he is basically informing the other team what is coming in the way he is running.

hell-- we could use it to run a counter/play action if they are keying on it-- always a way to abuse a defense that is cheating up on you

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

we won't see as tough a front seven until BCS bowl game

Agree

• Content Count:  382

Still can't seem to be able to punch it in from the one though.  We won't win the BE by kicking FG's from the one. 

Archived