• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which Miami commit decommits first??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm pretty sure that alot of those transfer rules are waived where schools are hit hard. I think USC students were allowed to transfer immediatly without having to sit out a year.

only juniors and seniors didn't have to sit out. I believe it was probably because they wouldn't have been eligible for a bowl game their final years of school.

Miami's sanctions are almost certain to be much worse.  They may give transfer waivers to Freshman and sophomores even.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I'm pretty sure that alot of those transfer rules are waived where schools are hit hard. I think USC students were allowed to transfer immediatly without having to sit out a year.

only juniors and seniors didn't have to sit out. I believe it was probably because they wouldn't have been eligible for a bowl game their final years of school.

Miami's sanctions are almost certain to be much worse.  They may give transfer waivers to Freshman and sophomores even.

I know they allowed them to transfer, but I thought Freshman and sophomores had to sit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5275644

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

man that would be great to land some high-rated kids because of this.  can't wait to see the exodus from miami.

I know they allowed them to transfer, but I thought Freshman and sophomores had to sit.

With the sanctions USC got, yes freshman and softmores could transfer, but they had to sit out a year.

What I'm thinking is that Miami's sanctions could be so bad that the NCAA may allow even the freshman and sophomores to transfer.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

With the sanctions USC got, yes freshman and softmores could transfer, but they had to sit out a year.

What I'm thinking is that Miami's sanctions could be so bad that the NCAA may allow even the freshman and sophomores to transfer.

it's a possibility

• Content Count:  4,642

hopefully with that, the kids who should have come to usf in the first place will find a home with us.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

You watch, I think Miami will get off with minor changes required.  Even though it should be more severe.  My gut says the money and influence of Miami program will help lessen the sanctions, what do you think?

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You watch, I think Miami will get off with minor changes required.  Even though it should be more severe.  My gut says the money and influence of Miami program will help lessen the sanctions, what do you think?

What money?  What influence?  No one goes to those games anymore, so they're not making money on attendance.  They may have some good donors, yes, but that's not going to enough to save them this time.  The damage is too large.

I'd put the over under at the USC sanctions time two.  USC lost 30 scholarships over three years and a two year bowl ban, along with some other crap no one cared about (vacated wins... big whoop).

I'd bet Miami gets something like loss of 60 scholarships over 6 years and a 4 year bowl ban, plus vacated wins (which might be a blessing to Miami as they weren't very good in most of those years).

That would be a slap on the wrist, IMO, but it's in the realm of what I see happening.  It should be enough for USF to firmly pass Miami in the state hierarchy.

• Content Count:  64

I personally think Miami is going to get throttled. No way is this comparable to USC's violations.

Posted from an ESPN artilce:

"In 2003, the Hurricanes were put on probation and docked scholarships for baseball infractions. In the Committee on Infractions report, it defined Miami then as a repeat violator, which means that it committed major violations while already on probation for previous violations -- that would be the famed 1995 case that involved a widespread, multisport Pell Grant scam and other shenanigans. The Canes' football program got a one-year bowl ban in that case.

In the 2003 case, the NCAA noted that the baseball violations occurred in the years immediately following the '95 ruling and criticized the school for failing to increase its monitoring of its programs. The 2003 case also contains this paragraph:

"As required by NCAA legislation for any institution involved in a major infractions case, Miami shall be subject to the provisions of NCAA Bylaw 19.6.2.3, concerning repeat violators, for a five-year period beginning on the effective date of the penalties in this case, February 27, 2003."

According to Yahoo!, Nevin Shapiro was going full throttle from 2002 to 2010. Which means, if the allegations are proved, Miami was breaking rules left and right while on probation.

That would seemingly make Miami a repeat-repeat violator, basically operating outside the rules continuously in one program or another from the early '90s through last year. And if the NCAA has been directed to step up the punishments of cheaters, a repeat-repeat violator would seem to be in really-really big trouble."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6871518/allegations-ncaa-violations-miami-hurricanes-football-facing-death-penalty

Archived