• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which Miami commit decommits first??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Once the NCAA does to Miami what it did to SMU way back when, those Miami verbals for this year will most definately be looking for a new place to land. :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

NCAA probably will not finish up the investigation until November.

• Content Count:  1,757

Once the NCAA does to Miami what it did to SMU way back when, those Miami verbals for this year will most definately be looking for a new place to land. :D

That will never happen again. Miami is in for some serious punishment but no death penalty.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

That will never happen again. Miami is in for some serious punishment but no death penalty.

Time will tell.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but Miami is a repeat offender and this is pretty **** egregious stuff. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Time will tell.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but Miami is a repeat offender and this is pretty **** egregious stuff. 

The Miami stuff is bad, but it's no where near the same level of scandal that was SMU.

SMU got caught paying players and hit with some big sanctions.  Then a few years later they got hit again still paying players.  The school president was directly involved and there was a slush fund created to contractually pay players salaries.

Miami's stuff is bad, and probably involved more money, but it's not even close to the level of institutional involvement seen at SMU.

The Death penalty destroyed SMU football.  The NCAA will hit Miami with something hard.  I'm guessing loss of seasons (probably everything from 2001-2008), loss of scholarships (in the range of 20 a year for 4-6 years), bowl ban for something like 4 years, and TV black out for some time.

Miami will be crippled for the next ten years.  If the penalties are what I think they'll be, The Big 3 won't include Miami for a very long time.

• Content Count:  1,027

The Miami stuff is bad, but it's no where near the same level of scandal that was SMU.

SMU got caught paying players and hit with some big sanctions.  Then a few years later they got hit again still paying players.  The school president was directly involved and there was a slush fund created to contractually pay players salaries.

Miami's stuff is bad, and probably involved more money, but it's not even close to the level of institutional involvement seen at SMU.

The Death penalty destroyed SMU football.  The NCAA will hit Miami with something hard.   I'm guessing loss of seasons (probably everything from 2001-2008), loss of scholarships (in the range of 20 a year for 4-6 years), bowl ban for something like 4 years, and TV black out for some time.

Miami will be crippled for the next ten years.  If the penalties are what I think they'll be, The Big 3 won't include Miami for a very long time.

Not the level of institutional involvement perhaps, but the sheer scale? Good God. If USC is used as a barometer, the penalties that will likely be doled out to Miami will be crippling. While the "death penalty" that was applied to SMU may not be used, everything short of actually canceling a season could be.  If the NCAA has any sense of fairness I would bet on UM being in rough shape for at least the next decade.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls 24/7 says that a UM commit has set up a USF visit...not sure who it is because I am not subscribed.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I want Anthony Chickillo back. He loved us but went to UM because of his family legacy. No legacy, except a tragic one there now. If he transferred he could sit out this season as a redshirt and prolly play 4 years. I imagine he would have to decide before Fall semester to be able to pull that off though.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I want Anthony Chickillo back. He loved us but went to UM because of his family legacy. No legacy, except a tragic one there now. If he transferred he could sit out this season as a redshirt and prolly play 4 years. I imagine he would have to decide before Fall semester to be able to pull that off though.

I'd love to have him here as well, but isn't he not allowed to transfer to ACC schools or schools that are on their schedule?

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'd love to have him here as well, but isn't he not allowed to transfer to ACC schools or schools that are on their schedule?

As I understand it. 2 Year penalty if intraconference, but the school can add restrictions at their pleasure(would still be 2 years subject to appeal). Don't think UM would want another fight on their hands right now. Probably wouldn't oppose it. USC let a lot of kids off the hook without fighting it, they dragged their feet a bit, but ultimately figured they might lose appeals anyway and caved.

Archived