• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which Miami commit decommits first??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I really don't think we should take any Miami transfers.  It's going to be too much baggage I'm afraid.  For the kids still in High School though we need to load up for the next 5 years and become a dominant force in the BE. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

I really don't think we should take any Miami transfers.  It's going to be too much baggage I'm afraid.  For the kids still in High School though we need to load up for the next 5 years and become a dominant force in the BE. 

Not all transfers would necessarily have 'baggage', so I wouldn't make a blanket statement.  I think we can make prudent case-by-case evaluations as to who would fit our needs.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I personally think Miami is going to get throttled. No way is this comparable to USC's violations.

Posted from an ESPN artilce:

"In 2003, the Hurricanes were put on probation and docked scholarships for baseball infractions. In the Committee on Infractions report, it defined Miami then as a repeat violator, which means that it committed major violations while already on probation for previous violations -- that would be the famed 1995 case that involved a widespread, multisport Pell Grant scam and other shenanigans. The Canes' football program got a one-year bowl ban in that case.

In the 2003 case, the NCAA noted that the baseball violations occurred in the years immediately following the '95 ruling and criticized the school for failing to increase its monitoring of its programs. The 2003 case also contains this paragraph:

"As required by NCAA legislation for any institution involved in a major infractions case, Miami shall be subject to the provisions of NCAA Bylaw 19.6.2.3, concerning repeat violators, for a five-year period beginning on the effective date of the penalties in this case, February 27, 2003."

According to Yahoo!, Nevin Shapiro was going full throttle from 2002 to 2010. Which means, if the allegations are proved, Miami was breaking rules left and right while on probation.

That would seemingly make Miami a repeat-repeat violator, basically operating outside the rules continuously in one program or another from the early '90s through last year. And if the NCAA has been directed to step up the punishments of cheaters, a repeat-repeat violator would seem to be in really-really big trouble."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6871518/allegations-ncaa-violations-miami-hurricanes-football-facing-death-penalty

Wow.. 8 years from the 1995 Pell Grant Scandal to the 2003 Baseball violations... and then fast forward 8 years to 2011...

At least they got a steady rhythm going.

And considering this was allegedly done from 2001 - 2009... during the 2003 hit... I think the NCAA is going to hit them HARD.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

if there are kids in the miami program who have been proven to not have done anything wrong..........those kids should be able to transfer anywhere they want if the ncaa comes in and shuts down the program from any national TV, bowl games, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Question:  When the Miami sanctions come do you think Holtz should wait to accept anymore commitments because we could see the mass exodus of recruits?  Also, what month do you think it will happen

1) Yes, Holtz should wait until January

2) Mid December

Archived