• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Awesome...how many do they invite (I think it is more then 11 so no dumb comments please :D ). I am a big fan of this kid, mostly cause he seemed to want to be here from day 1.

At one time they only invited 11, but I believe they had 24 there last year. Former USF verbal Cameron was one of them.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I'm pretty sure they've always invited more than 11 to the camp itself. It is called the Elite 11 because at the end of the camp they name the top prospects, and at the first camp in 1999 the number of top prospects identified was 11. I'm not sure what the significance of that number is. Anyway, in the 13 years of its existence, they have twice identified the top 11 (1999 and 2007) and every other year identified 12. You can see the whole list here. I don't know of any list of annual invitees, so I don't know how that number has fluctuated over the years, but ESPN's Elite 11 site confirms that it was 24 last year.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Awesome...how many do they invite (I think it is more then 11 so no dumb comments please :D ). I am a big fan of this kid, mostly cause he seemed to want to be here from day 1.

i agree wholeheartedly, that and the fact he committed early, wore a Bulls hat everywhere he went and prolly had a big influence in helping us land 2012 recruits JT Hamilton and The amazing D'Vario Montgomery. His commitment is really solid which bodes well for the rest of this class, too. We needed a big time QB recruit and this young man fits the bill in spades.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Larry Weisbaum †@LarryWeisbaum

#USF QB commit Asiantii Woulard invited to the Elite 11 QB camp (Last post on 03/01/2012 at 4:29 PM PST): http://bit.ly/Achoe9

I thought we weren't linking to pay content. The link above clearly qualifies???
It was a TWEET I copied and pasted. I didn't even notice or click on the link. I would have removed the link if I had known. I just removed link.

I may be wrong, but I see no problem in providing links to paid content.

The problem is copying and pasting paid content - that's a big no-no.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Larry Weisbaum †@LarryWeisbaum

#USF QB commit Asiantii Woulard invited to the Elite 11 QB camp (Last post on 03/01/2012 at 4:29 PM PST): http://bit.ly/Achoe9

I thought we weren't linking to pay content. The link above clearly qualifies???
It was a TWEET I copied and pasted. I didn't even notice or click on the link. I would have removed the link if I had known. I just removed link.

I may be wrong, but I see no problem in providing links to paid content.

The problem is copying and pasting paid content - that's a big no-no.

that's what I thought

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

^^^ agreed. there's no problem citing a paywalled link. the problem is copy and pasting paywalled content.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

^^^ agreed. there's no problem citing a paywalled link. the problem is copy and pasting paywalled content.

Was repeating what she told me several months ago. You guys aren't even getting the point. I;m assuming, the fact that the link forms a dead end is the point, had nothing to do with pay content. She understood what I was saying. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Was repeating what she told me several months ago. You guys aren't even getting the point. I;m assuming, the fact that the link forms a dead end is the point, had nothing to do with pay content. She understood what I was saying.

I got the dead end part. No problems with posting dead end links on this site AFAIK.

Now, if it's an inside joke you too were having , excuse me, I'll go over in the other room now... :D

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Was repeating what she told me several months ago. You guys aren't even getting the point. I;m assuming, the fact that the link forms a dead end is the point, had nothing to do with pay content. She understood what I was saying.
I got the dead end part. No problems with posting dead end links on this site AFAIK. Now, if it's an inside joke you too were having , excuse me, I'll go over in the other room now... :D

I still have no idea where that link led as I never clicked on it and just removed it.

This board had a rule set years ago, not to link to premium articles, even if there was just a "blurb." In those cases, you could post the blurb, but not the link. The reason that was done, I suppose, was because this site didn't want it to be "used" by pay sites to get people to go there.

Now on twitter, I've noticed, that when a pay site has a lnk to a story it usually leads to a page where people can sign up for membership. It was in such a case, where Bullwinkle, under his prior SN, provided a link, and I attempted to explained to him the board policy and to just put the tweet without the story link. I guess he was pointing out to me that I had inadvertently done the same thing.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Not posting a paywalled link is pretty stupid if there's some free content associated like the one above, especially since there's members of Scout, etc here who would probably like to get - and use - the link if they're not aware of it.

But, I digress...