• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Let him go.. another Carlton Hill if you ask me.. athlete that just so happens to play QB. Didn't his team go like 4-6 on the season this year? iF he was so good, he could have led them to the playoffs at least.

But, but, but ... his coaches are UCF fans and they hate him because he committed to USF originally ... at least that's the story that Papa Woulard gave us.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

If the guy thinks he is good he should sign with USF come in win the job and then set records and take us to the BCS. Something no QB has done. Now that is a challenge. If he did that he would have a hell of a Pro career in front of him.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I think you guys are looking at this wrong. This is a 17 year old kid. Look at when he first committed to USF, we where:

-Big East favorites

-Skip, who recruited him from the star, was still here.

-Conference realignment was not an issue, the Big East was intact for the foreseeable future

Since then, what has happened?

-We finished a dismal 3-9

-We have gone through a coaching change

-Our conference is completely in the ******, and we're stuck

Not everyone is like Christian Hackenburg and that doesn't make him any worse of a player, person or competitor. Maybe it is Kentucky, but right now the state of USF football is in much worse shape than the state of UK football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Am I the only one that feels Josh Grady all over again with this guy?

Not the same, IMO. Grady was doing this in a teasing, almost taunting, way. I don't see AW doing that all.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Maybe it is Kentucky, but right now the state of USF football is in much worse shape than the state of UK football.

I don't think it's an apples-to-apples comparison, but do consider that UK lost to WKU this past year. I think Stoops may be able to turn things around a bit, but I also think UK has a much lower ceiling than people may begin to believe.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Trip and Slick, I'm thinking you guys need to reread my two posts again. It's not what's IN THE TWEETS, it's the fact why he tweets. I personally don't follow ANYONE on twitter so I really don't have an opinion personally of AW or any of our recruits. I'll read up on the ones who actually sign, however the human condition is what it is. Just bc you can say/post/tweet anything you want, doesn't mean it's mature/smart to do so. I think that's what you're missing in my post bc you apparently really like AW. I personally trust our staff on who we get as whoever we get is obviously the best we can get, warts and all so to speak.

All I'm saying is blurting out everything that pops into your mind is immature. Doesn't mean he is a "bad kid". Mature kids keep their cards close to their vest, don't enjoy the drama (more concentrated on getting the facts together to make a decision and spending time working on their current projects whether classes, working out, family etc.).

If you look at the majority of your great QBs out there, they are more students of the game, all business types, not personalities that feed off public opinion and "drama".

From that standpoint, I understand where your coming from ... kind of a little like my slight uneasiness about CWT's use of Twitter. If everything else was absolutely equal, I'd prefer a kid who didn't tweet for the reasons you listed but I just don't think it's tha big of a deal otherwise.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Certainly true theman123.

However, one thing has remained the same; he would be in the mix to start here right away.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

He's been angling for an SEC-level offer for a while. It wouldn't surprise me if Woulard wound up there. Best of luck to the kid. I want someone to come to USF because they truly appreciate what's possible in a place like this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

I think you guys are looking at this wrong. This is a 17 year old kid. Look at when he first committed to USF, we where:

-Big East favorites

-Skip, who recruited him from the star, was still here.

-Conference realignment was not an issue, the Big East was intact for the foreseeable future

Since then, what has happened?

-We finished a dismal 3-9

-We have gone through a coaching change

-Our conference is completely in the ******, and we're stuck

Not everyone is like Christian Hackenburg and that doesn't make him any worse of a player, person or competitor. Maybe it is Kentucky, but right now the state of USF football is in much worse shape than the state of UK football.

with the exception of their Conference, i don't think they are sitting any prettier than we are. They got a new coach just like us.. they will forever be a bottom-of-the-barrel conference team

I made that comment about asiantii because I never believed the hype from the beginning. Just because he performed well in the Elite 11 competition doesn't do anything to wet my whistle. It's how he does on the field.. he led his team to a 4-6 season.