• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. #24 on ESPN Big East blog's Top 25 BE players

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Preseason lists are all about potential.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

That's kind of high. Needs to prove himself first.

High?  It's 24th out of the BE!  That means he's probably rated the 4th best QB in the conference which is entirely fair.  BJ has proven capable of winning games on his own over the past two years, and he's proven since the Cinci game last year that he's capable of playing within a system.  BJ's struggled, as most under-classmen QB's do, with consistency his pas two years which is to be expected having three offensive coordinators in his first 3 years. 

I think he's poised to make a break-through and I think he's confident in the staff, as they are in him.  Personally I believe he ends up as the #1 QB in the entire conference by year-end.  Athletically he already is.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Top 25 Big East players to me is best line up

2 WR, 2RB, 1TE, 5OL, 1QB

2CB, 2S, 3LB, 4DL

1K, 1P, 1R

Of course you can play with it and have a K/P. And your returner is most likely a running back, WR, or DB. But you get the gist. With 25 you should have at most 2 maybe 3 qbs. All I'm saying is BJ needs to show me way more consistency to be on my Top 25 Big East players list.

• Content Count:  1,492

Am I the only one that is surprised that there aren't more people on here complaining that he isn't ranked high enough?

• Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

Am I the only one that is surprised that there aren't more people on here complaining that he isn't ranked high enough?

I am not surprised, he's been potential mostly so everyone is waiting to see what happens this year

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

No, I figured the majority of posts in this thread would be ******** on BJ, so I am surprised it has been light so far.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

No, I figured the majority of posts in this thread would be ******** on BJ, so I am surprised it has been light so far.

Yeah same here. 

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

185428_178778968856113_123657031034974_397194_6147452_n.jpg

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Top 25 Big East players to me is best line up

2 WR, 2RB, 1TE, 5OL, 1QB

2CB, 2S, 3LB, 4DL

1K, 1P, 1R

Of course you can play with it and have a K/P. And your returner is most likely a running back, WR, or DB. But you get the gist. With 25 you should have at most 2 maybe 3 qbs. All I'm saying is BJ needs to show me way more consistency to be on my Top 25 Big East players list.

I'd have to disagree.  Top 25 should be exactly that, the 25 best players, regardless of position.  First team all BE, should be the top player in each position.

• Content Count:  119

Two words for BJ this year: Short Leash

It is HIS time to prove what he can do. There shouldn't be any obstacles. He overcame being a first year player, new coach, new system, new WRs, new haircut, and new uniforms. =) We will go as far as he takes us. If not, Bobby has shown he can beat the U in Miami.

Archived