• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Expansion... BYU, ECU, UCF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Please do not put all of your eggs in the Unv. of Penn. Stadium. It is a dump in a sorry part of town with absolutly no parking. No way the BE goes for this. Further, no one is going to drive from Radnor, PA to that part of Phila. Not going to happen.

I'm not putting the eggs there. However, that would be a suitable enough venue to play at for a while to where 'Nova could raise funds to expand their OCS.

Wasn't there an article a while back that mentioned they have bought up the land in the surrounding area of the stadium?

IDK... I will check... if so then they might be planning on putting the money they raised for a stadium upgrade to the MLS complex towards fixing up Penn Stadium or buying it from Penn University.

Penn wants a new stadium and Penn Stadium is literally falling apart...

Its gonna be a summer of speculation...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Having said that we would have expansion settled by the time we negotiate a new tv contract in 2012, it doesn't sound to me like we're staying at 9. And I'mpretty sure 10 is not the number they're aiming at.

9 is best for right now since there isn't another program out there that would really help with the TV deal ('Nova would from the standpoint of landing the Philly market for the TV package, but the league would not be adding value to the product, nor would it by adding any of the C-USA teams that have been mentioned).

Not disagreeing, just my take on the between the lines inuendo. Of course the wording does leave the door open.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Having said that we would have expansion settled by the time we negotiate a new tv contract in 2012, it doesn't sound to me like we're staying at 9. And I'mpretty sure 10 is not the number they're aiming at.

9 is best for right now since there isn't another program out there that would really help with the TV deal ('Nova would from the standpoint of landing the Philly market for the TV package, but the league would not be adding value to the product, nor would it by adding any of the C-USA teams that have been mentioned).

Not disagreeing, just my take on the between the lines inuendo. Of course the wording does leave the door open.

The thing I am seeing between the lines (and the movement of the UF game enforces this) is that the league is going to go to 10 teams for football and play 9 league games.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I can see your point. I just thought 12 was the magic number for a conference Championship game.

The thing I am seeing between the lines (and the movement of the UF game enforces this) is that the league is going to go to 10 teams for football and play 9 league games.

• Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

------

Doubt it. Pac10 was the only one that did that with 10 teams, and although I respected that the conference champion was determined fairly during the season, even they didn't stick with it.

• Content Count:  168

On some of the rivals boards, the saying at the Big East conference there is talk about Nova, Army, and Navy. The new TV deal is the main concern and with TCU and Nova (#4)  the acabamies would put the TV market over the top. The would not have to add a Basketball team.

Army has a new coach that's starting to show life, and Navy has a pretty good record against BCS schools already. There is no big rush because what they don't want to do is add teams just for numbers. That dilutes the money pool, and makes our reputation worst.

Adding Nova would have been disaster last year before TCU but now it's balanced and the TV market is pretty big.

I like the Army, Navy, and 'Nova idea, but I am not sure Army and Navy would be very receptive to it.

• Content Count:  168

From what I have read, both Army and Navy and almost everyone not in the BCS, is concerned that if the mega conferences actually do take place, they might get stuck on the outside looking in. There is no guarantee that the BCS teams would automatically be IN if the change takes place but, there is a really good chance if you are on the outside now, you won't have a chance of getting in.

Not sure Army and Navy would like losing the luster of their game being moved back into November if they joined a 12 team conference.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

From what I have read, both Army and Navy and almost everyone not in the BCS, is concerned that if the mega conferences actually do take place, they might get stuck on the outside looking in. There is no guarantee that the BCS teams would automatically be IN if the change takes place but, there is a really good chance if you are on the outside now, you won't have a chance of getting in.

Army v. Navy would add value to the BE television package.  I like what you are saying. . . . do you have a source?

This may be why the Penn State hoops coach inexplicably bailed for one of the service academies. . . . . . .

Archived