• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Expansion... BYU, ECU, UCF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

Now that Nova is out of the picture

Since when?

Nova is certainly not out of the picture...the conference just wants them to figure out where they can play that will satisfy certain attendance amounts in the future.  If nova can figure it out, they wont be a player until 2014 or 2015 anyway.  I can see the BE staying at 9 until nova is ready and then adding 2 more the same year 3 or 4 years down the road.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Since when?

Nova is certainly not out of the picture...the conference just wants them to figure out where they can play that will satisfy certain attendance amounts in the future.  If nova can figure it out, they wont be a player until 2014 or 2015 anyway.  I can see the BE staying at 9 until nova is ready and then adding 2 more the same year 3 or 4 years down the road.

I understand that. My post was more of a jab at Dixie when he's not sure what's going on.

Big East should stay at 9 and not add anyone else.

• Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

Having said that we would have expansion settled by the time we negotiate a new tv contract in 2012, it doesn't sound to me like we're staying at 9. And I'mpretty sure 10 is not the number they're aiming at.

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Don'tPushMe...mind if i push?

Ok lets start with the mormon thing...yes, you are correct.  The mormon religion is crazy but yes, the city of Salt Lake and the surrounding areas are gorgeous, been there many times. 

Next, they(UCF) are NOT out recruiting us now.  Look up reports.  They've gotten a few guys under the radar from us the past couple years (mainly cause of the CJL turmoil).  But things are getting back to normal and we would still wipe the floor with them.  Lets not forget that we get a few recruits from under the radar of some even "bigger" boys, ala Giddens, Dunkley, Eatmon...etc.

Next...their campus is NOT nicer than ours.  Unless a campus is supposed to look like a strip mall.  Have you been to USF's campus lately?  Even if you have...have some pride.  I think it's far better. 

Next...Orlando a "bigger" city?  No...DISNEY is a bigger name than tampa.  NOT Orlando.  I hate it when people put outlandish opinions on here and dont rely more on FACTS. 

Who has the bigger TV market?  TAMPA 

Who has more Professional Sports teams? TAMPA

Which town has more culture and cultural events per year? TAMPA

Now if you were judging on which town has more TOURISTS...yeah...maybe Orlando, Tampa Bay Area has beaches though.  AND I gurrantee they arent going to east o-town where florida tech/ucf is.  They're staying in the Buena Vista area...which is closer to Tampa anyway.

Finally, Figure it out DontPushMe...UCF wouldn't beat us if they were in the Big East...cause they're BUMS.  Thats a fact.  ;)

8va out...

GO BULLS!!!

To clarify. I said they are nearly out recruiting us now. We are still ahead in recruiting, but its not by the margin you would expect all things considered. I'm sure a lot of it is CJL turnover stuff, but the facts are they were not far behind us in that regaurd last year.

Its not about pride, but their athletic area is brand new and to a high school kid would look nicer than ours. Their stadium is a piece of crap, but its on campus and its part of their whole athletic center. A kid in high school doesnt know or care that its in a dump part of town, they just see a bunch of new modern looking buildings and are wowed. Our campus is niether an old historic looking campus like UF, or a modern new campus like UCFs, it is stuck in between. I love our campus and prefer it to UCFs, but I dont think a nationwide poll would agree.

You should re-read my post. I didn't say Orlando was a bigger city than Tampa, its not, that is an easily available fact. They do have some things over Tampa though. I promise you if you did a name recognition poll nation or especially world-wide Orlando would win over Tampa. Once again, not saying its better, I obviously prefer Tampa or I wouldnt live over here, but I just dont think the average high school senior thinks that way.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

Ok lets start with the mormon thing...yes, you are correct.  The mormon religion is crazy but yes, the city of Salt Lake and the surrounding areas are gorgeous, been there many times. 

Next, they(UCF) are NOT out recruiting us now.  Look up reports.  They've gotten a few guys under the radar from us the past couple years (mainly cause of the CJL turmoil).  But things are getting back to normal and we would still wipe the floor with them.  Lets not forget that we get a few recruits from under the radar of some even "bigger" boys, ala Giddens, Dunkley, Eatmon...etc.

Next...their campus is NOT nicer than ours.  Unless a campus is supposed to look like a strip mall.  Have you been to USF's campus lately?  Even if you have...have some pride.  I think it's far better. 

Next...Orlando a "bigger" city?  No...DISNEY is a bigger name than tampa.  NOT Orlando.  I hate it when people put outlandish opinions on here and dont rely more on FACTS. 

Now if you were judging on which town has more TOURISTS...yeah...maybe Orlando, Tampa Bay Area has beaches though.  AND I gurrantee they arent going to east o-town where florida tech/ucf is.  They're staying in the Buena Vista area...which is closer to Tampa anyway.

Finally, Figure it out DontPushMe...UCF wouldn't beat us if they were in the Big East...cause they're BUMS.  Thats a fact.  ;)

8va out...

GO BULLS!!!

To clarify. I said they are nearly out recruiting us now. We are still ahead in recruiting, but its not by the margin you would expect all things considered. I'm sure a lot of it is CJL turnover stuff, but the facts are they were not far behind us in that regaurd last year.

Its not about pride, but their athletic area is brand new and to a high school kid would look nicer than ours. Their stadium is a piece of crap, but its on campus and its part of their whole athletic center. A kid in high school doesnt know or care that its in a dump part of town, they just see a bunch of new modern looking buildings and are wowed. Our campus is niether an old historic looking campus like UF, or a modern new campus like UCFs, it is stuck in between. I love our campus and prefer it to UCFs, but I dont think a nationwide poll would agree.

You should re-read my post. I didn't say Orlando was a bigger city than Tampa, its not, that is an easily available fact. They do have some things over Tampa though. I promise you if you did a name recognition poll nation or especially world-wide Orlando would win over Tampa. Once again, not saying its better, I obviously prefer Tampa or I wouldnt live over here, but I just dont think the average high school senior thinks that way.

I don't think kids give a **** about the city. If they did, no one would go to UF.

I also don't think kids care about the comparisons between RJS and BH Stadium. A high school recruit will definately compare RJS vs Doak/Ben Hill Griffin stadium, and Doak/BHG would win 99% of the time.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Since when?

Since CBS Sportsline reported that BEast insiders stated that the conference is looking for a school that has a 30K+ stadium... Nova does not have the money to build their own stadium, can only use an MLS stadium that can only be expanded to 20K, and can't use the Eagles stadium because Temple has a concrete lock on it.

Unless God gives Nova the money to build a massive BCS sized stadium for their football team, which only has about 7K in fans, maybe 10K if they join the BEast, then they are out.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Since when?

Since CBS Sportsline reported that BEast insiders stated that the conference is looking for a school that has a 30K+ stadium... Nova does not have the money to build their own stadium, can only use an MLS stadium that can only be expanded to 20K, and can't use the Eagles stadium because Temple has a concrete lock on it.

Unless God gives Nova the money to build a massive BCS sized stadium for their football team, which only has about 7K in fans, maybe 10K if they join the BEast, then they are out.

Guess you missed where Villanova was in discussions about the stadium on the University of Pennsylvania campus.

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Please do not put all of your eggs in the Unv. of Penn. Stadium. It is a dump in a sorry part of town with absolutly no parking. No way the BE goes for this. Further, no one is going to drive from Radnor, PA to that part of Phila. Not going to happen.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

8va out...

GO BULLS!!!

I don't think kids give a **** about the city. If they did, no one would go to UF.

LOL ... I was thinking the same thing ... If Orlando has a better name recogntion it's because of one thing, and one thing only, Disney ... and what does that have to do with a high school football player's decision on where to play football??

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

One thing relavant that is coming out of these meetings......it appears that the 2012 football seasons will only have 8 conference games with the addition of TCU and there will probably be no further expansion for 2012.

Assuming that......that means it will be likely that TCU will fill all the teams slots that only have 3 road or home BE games that year.

Which means we will probably start with TCU on the road.

Heck of a road schedule......at TCU, West Virginia, Cincy, UofL, Miami and Ball State

Home schedule will probably be TBA FCS team, FSU, UConn, Pitt, SU, & Rutgers.

We also may see some conference games early and/or an early bye week.....we have the 1st three weeks of September open. One will obviously be an FCS school. 9/1 Open, 9/8 Open, 9/15 Open, 9/22 At Ball State, 9/29 FSU

Archived