• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

now that spring practice is over...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

From what Kelley did at UC, the guy is one of the best in the business. He destroyed USF with his in-game adjustments. While I think the game will be close, ND will win. All the other games will be be wins until PITT. Its a short turnaround game and their team just thinks they can always beat USF. I see that as loss #2. Rutgers, UCONN, The Ville all are weak at QB besides their other challenges. The should all be wins. All games up to Miami are wins. That win last year at Miami was huge punch in their stomach leading to a house cleaning with the AD and HC leaving. This is one of those in-state games that will be a war and UM will win. Loss #3. USF will play an undefeated and top 5 WVU team for the BE title. The Bulls will win because of a superior defense. As a result of the BE tie-breaker rules, USF goes to the Orange Bowl as BE Champion. They play VA-Tech and loose to finish 9-4. Solid year and another step forward for the program. Snyder will leave after this year and become an HC of a MAC program. Bulls are preaseason top 25 and favorites to win the BE in 2012.

This means nothing now that Leavitt is gone!  ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

USF has a great chance at getting 12-11 wins just like they have a chance at getting 7-6 wins. But the chances for the Bulls to do well this year is pretty good. Coach Skip at his last 2 coaching jobs, have improved from year 1 to year 2. Then you have our team. Let's repeat this again. THIS IS NOT A COACH LEAVITT RAN TEAM!! This is not a QB driven team anymore. The Bulls are more balance with a real good run game. And the defense is capable of stopping the run. It will be a interesting year.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

USF has a great chance at getting 12-11 wins just like they have a chance at getting 7-6 wins. But the chances for the Bulls to do well this year is pretty good. Coach Skip at his last 2 coaching jobs, have improved from year 1 to year 2. Then you have our team. Let's repeat this again. THIS IS NOT A COACH LEAVITT RAN TEAM!! This is not a QB driven team anymore. The Bulls are more balance with a real good run game. And the defense is capable of stopping the run. It will be a interesting year.

So, by your calculations, we'll win 9 games next season. I'll take that..

• Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

I predict 9-4.

9 games I watch in person.

4 on tv.

I can only predict this because if I win Lotto I'll be at every game, in wich case it'll be 13-0.

OR

Something extreme happens, and I'm dead.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  21,348

10-3 we will see a different team this year.  The transition to the Holtz era is well underway.

Thank goodness we did not have a mid-season collapse. 

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Lets take a look at next years schedule and my over optimistic view.

ND - I'm going to give this one to ND, because it is in south bend and our offense sucked last year. If we win we go 12 - 0  8-) (L)

BALL STATE - Please (W)

Florida A&M - ha (W)

UTEP -  will be a lot tougher than people think, but still should be an easy (W)

Pitt - new coach and a bunch of offseason turmoil.  (W)

Conn -  I think they are going to be towards the bottom this year (W)

Cinn -  They will be better than last year but our defense is going to be stout this year (W)

Rutgers -  Futgers Rucking suck (W)

Syracuse -  This will be a tough one, but I think our offense will be a lot better and usf should have beat them last year (W)

Miami - transition year.   although it is at the end of the year I still think we get the (W)

Louisville -  still way to young lost a lot of leadership this past year.  next year they will be tough (W)

WVU -  to win the big east.  I think it will come down to defense and that will be USF'S strength.  and it's in tampa (W)

11-1 and an orange bowl appearance

thoughts

yesssssss!!!!

• Content Count:  4,642

From what Kelley did at UC, the guy is one of the best in the business. He destroyed USF with his in-game adjustments. While I think the game will be close, ND will win. All the other games will be be wins until PITT. Its a short turnaround game and their team just thinks they can always beat USF. I see that as loss #2. Rutgers, UCONN, The Ville all are weak at QB besides their other challenges. The should all be wins. All games up to Miami are wins. That win last year at Miami was huge punch in their stomach leading to a house cleaning with the AD and HC leaving. This is one of those in-state games that will be a war and UM will win. Loss #3. USF will play an undefeated and top 5 WVU team for the BE title. The Bulls will win because of a superior defense. As a result of the BE tie-breaker rules, USF goes to the Orange Bowl as BE Champion. They play VA-Tech and loose to finish 9-4. Solid year and another step forward for the program. Snyder will leave after this year and become an HC of a MAC program. Bulls are preaseason top 25 and favorites to win the BE in 2012.

This means nothing now that Leavitt is gone!  ;)

AMEN!!!!!

• Content Count:  21,348

Kelly is not going to be able to pull what he did on USF when he was at UC, our head coach is a better strategist

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'll play this game...kinda like playing blind darts, or pin the tail on the donkey.

@ND - I like our chances, and I think this could be the game we win that we're not supposed to, but I think both teams start out shaky, and ND squeaks by in the end. By less than 5 points. ND fans go into "we're going 12-0!" mode, but they'll end up with another 8-5 lesson in mediocrity.

Ball State - they'll be in year 2 of their new coach, or year 3, i forget. they'll be getting better, and they may surprise a few people, a la how Miami-OH did last year. This will be USF's "WTF!?!?!" game. USF will go into halftime tied at 14, with fans grumbling about BJ. USF will right the ship in the 2nd half and cruise to a 24 point victory.

FAMU - there will be 2 blowouts on the field. usf's football team wins one, famu's band wins the other during halftime.

UTEP - they were an up and down team last year, and their 4 year starting QB has to be replaced. They have an ok defense and a decent ground game, but usf should be jelling more and wins by 15-20 points. receivers and BJ starting to connect more.

@Pitt - normally pitt would pose a big threat, and i think they'll do alright in their new offense...at home. i think that fast paced offense will have some growing pains in loud, hostile away games. their defense isn't going to be as stout as it has been either. i think it's a 7 point game, but favoring usf this year.

@UConn - Uconn will be 2011's version of the 2010 Cincy team...4-8. They have defense, but the offense is going to make USF's 2010 offense look like Oregon's. It's going to be a long year in Storrs, and USF enjoys some unseasonably warm mid-October weather up there as they win by 10.

Cincinnati - UC will bounce back this year, with all 11 returning defensive starters, and a healthy Collaros. It will be a solid, tight game, and USF will squeak it out and hold on to win by 8.

@Rutgers - they will be a surprise team in that they'll surprise everyone predicting them to finish dead last by finishing......5th. they will surprise a few people, and they will lead USF the whole game until "Clemson" BJ comes out in the 2nd half and USF pulls one out in Piscataway by less than 7.

@Syracuse - I think SU will be about the same as last year. Good, but not great. They will somehow beat USF in our annual, "How did we lose that one?" game. Our offense has a bad day, and so does their defense, and it stays close and becomes a kicker's match, and they win at the buzzer by 3.

Miami - they will be looking for revenge for how we stole a win down there last year. This will be a highly exciting and close game, and I think USF gets it and holds on, in regulation, by 6.

Louisville - I think UL has a decent year again and will go bowling, but they will be inconsistent on offense. Their running game will be strong, but will be keyed on as QB play between Stein and Bridgewater is average at best. We'll get em by 12, and they'll count down the days until they destroy us in hoops.

WVU - the magical Big East scheduler gets the de facto BE champ game correct once again, as WVU and USF enter the final game at 5-1 in the BE. WVU rides the Holgersen wave to some nifty scoring outbreaks all season, and their defense is actually slightly down, but wouldn't appear so due to the offense. USF gives up some points, but with everything on the line, BJ does just enough and the running game attacks a rebuilding WVU defensive front and churns out clock to keep the WVU scoring machine off the field. A late turnover helps us seal the deal.

USF 10-2 (6-1), win in Big East, ranked #9 in BCS.

TCU goes 12-0, beating Boise State. Boise State goes 11-1.

LSU goes 11-1, losing only to WVU, but beating an eventual 10-2 Oregon.

LSU meets TCU in the Sugar Bowl, and TCU gets a national championship, breaking the SEC champ streak. USF heads to the Orange Bowl to beat SEC runner up Georgia, who goes 11-3 on the season. USF also wins by 15 points, and rubs it in UCF's face.

• Content Count:  4,501

Now that someone brought up TCU is there any chance whoever wins the BE could they possibly play TCU in the BCS Bolw game ?

Archived