• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

now that spring practice is over...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

The 2 worst teams in the Big East will be UConn and Louisville

You think both of these teams will be worse than Rutgers?  By all accounts I've read, Rutgers will probably be the basement dweller this year. 

Love the predictions. 

11-1 based on what

if bj daniels stays the same and even improves slightly 6-6

if by daniels has a monster year  9-3

If USF ends up going 11-1 or 12-0, or even 10-2, Smazza needs to eat crow. 

Rutgers has a ton of talent on their team. They've made a lot of moves to increase team speed on their defense. Their O-line is the key to their success, if they struggle again, Rutgers will struggle again but Rutgers has a lot of talent at WR returning and incoming as well as RB.

Rutgers will definitely be better. UConn has no QB, no RB, a great O-line and a tough defense but they won't be able to control the clock like they've used to. DJ Shoemate (USC transfer) could be a good RB but its not guaranteed yet especially with a new coaching staff. Louisville loses 25 seniors, a lot of them on defense and O-line. The talent they've acquired the last 2 recruiting classes is amazing but not enough to replace what they've lost.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I like your guys' predictions they are very optimistic and I hope they're correct.

I just wanted to point out a few things. As much as we hate them, I have a feeling they will be very solid this year. They have a ton of talent coming in from the last 2 years. They've done a lot of shifting around defense to increase team speed at every unit. I think we can beat them but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to them. Cincy will be tough, they'll be much improved.

I agree, I'm very concerned about both OT spots.

I agree about the OTs too, I feel confident with the 2 deep at Guard because I think McGhin and Estenor are very solid and I think McGhin will be a great starter in 2012. McGhin does need to lose a little weight and tone up this summer though but he has a lot of potential. I'm very concerned that Edwards and Powe are our backup tackles. Max Lang is a bit thin right now and I hope he can add 15-20 lbs this summer in order to actually give the coaches something to consider because if he comes in at 270 lbs like he is right now, it'll be hard for him to make an impact as a freshman.

Jozwiak weighed 294 at the state weightlifiting finals recently. He has a chance to play as a true freshman.

I would like to get a health update on Kaufman who has been having serious back problems all spring.

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

I like your guys' predictions they are very optimistic and I hope they're correct.

I just wanted to point out a few things. As much as we hate them, I have a feeling they will be very solid this year. They have a ton of talent coming in from the last 2 years. They've done a lot of shifting around defense to increase team speed at every unit. I think we can beat them but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to them. Cincy will be tough, they'll be much improved.

I agree about the OTs too, I feel confident with the 2 deep at Guard because I think McGhin and Estenor are very solid and I think McGhin will be a great starter in 2012. McGhin does need to lose a little weight and tone up this summer though but he has a lot of potential. I'm very concerned that Edwards and Powe are our backup tackles. Max Lang is a bit thin right now and I hope he can add 15-20 lbs this summer in order to actually give the coaches something to consider because if he comes in at 270 lbs like he is right now, it'll be hard for him to make an impact as a freshman.

Jozwiak weighed 294 at the state weightlifiting finals recently. He has a chance to play as a true freshman.

I would like to get a health update on Kaufman who has been having serious back problems all spring.

He'll get a look but I don't see him cracking the 2 deep at Guard, if he can play Center, he'll get a look there. Tackle is the position where the youngsters will get a stronger look and Jozwiak doesn't project as a Tackle

He'll get a look but I don't see him cracking the 2 deep at Guard, if he can play Center, he'll get a look there. Tackle is the position where the youngsters will get a stronger look and Jozwiak doesn't project as a Tackle

I believe the three incoming OL who have been mentioned bu USF coaches' as possibly playing this year are Lang, Jozwiak and Gudmundsson. Lang looked fit but slim in the pic I saw of him at the green & gold game.

923457.jpg

Max Lang

923442.jpg

Thor Jozwiak

205426_10150139910050418_662210417_6652964_5912340_n.jpg

Brynjar Gudmundsson looks the biggest in this recent photo

They are scheduled to arrive on June 20th.

Boo Simon

What's up man you ready for tampa

Yesterday at 11:35am

Brynjar Gudmundsson hell ya bro I cnt wait. How about you??

Yesterday at 12:48pm ·

Luke Sager yall aint ready for this

23 hours ago ·

Brynjar Gudmundsson Lol wht you mean why

23 hours ago ·

Luke Sager lol im just messin with yall

23 hours ago ·

Brynjar Gudmundsson Haha ight good how spring go for u

23 hours ago ·

Luke Sager went good man just getting ready for fall now. When are u guys coming in

23 hours ago ·

Brynjar Gudmundsson Good to hear im june 20 I'll be up

23 hours ago ·

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Days Won:  12

lots of optimism here. i share some of it- only some.

12 games is almost out of the question. 10 games is the real goal IMO.

our opponents are expected to improve as well, namely WVU and ND. lose those 2, take a 10 win season to #2 bowl and wax a good team there, hope WVU, which does have a realistic shot at 12 wins, wins their BCS game, and we take it from them in 2012 with wins over ranked WVU & FSU.

skip h cant, as a coach, verbalize this, but repeating "we're not there yet" "there are still missing pieces" etc, is enough hinting for me

Guest USFbull2012

our opponents are expected to improve as well, namely WVU and ND. lose those 2, take a 10 win season to #2 bowl and wax a good team there, hope WVU, which does have a realistic shot at 12 wins, wins their BCS game, and we take it from them in 2012 with wins over ranked WVU & FSU.

skip h cant, as a coach, verbalize this, but repeating "we're not there yet" "there are still missing pieces" etc, is enough hinting for me

What coach thinks his team is going to ready to play months before the season starts??? Your reading to much in between the lines. Holtz is a good coach, on a crazy man would publicly come out and say his team is playing lights out months before their first fall practice.

All we need is for B.J and WRs to start Clicking a little more. And 12 games is not out of question. Its always the real goal, especially with the make of this team. Experts are picking us to win 10-11 for a reason.

WVU is going through a coaching change "tranisition year" ... with a brand new offense... they will not win 12 games. They'll win 8 or 9.

Guest nybullsfan

If I learned anything from Invictus, it's that the biggest/strongest/fastest team doesn't always win - sometimes the fittest one does.

I hope our S&C is off the charts the summer!

Holtz mentioned the biggest concerns coming out of the spring and one of them is the offensive line and the depth at the unit.

“I feel really good about 5-6 of the offensive linemen right now. I think we’re going to have a starting five that’s going to be competitive,†said Holtz who also was concerned with the depth of the unit. “We’re going to need some of these freshmen to come in here and I’m really excited to see them. Some of the freshmen are going to have a chance to play and some doors are open. If the freshmen are going to play that’s because the upper classmen are opening doors for them. If they’re playing at the level they need to be at then the freshmen will red shirt because they’re young, they’re going to need to get used to it and get acclimated to school. But when you come out of the spring and you see there are some holes on the offensive line from a depth standpoint, then there will be some opportunities there.â€

“Popek had a great spring, for a guy that’s been a back-up for his whole career and then come in and have the spring he did and Q. Eatmon is just a breath of fresh air. He came in as a freshman and we needed him to come on and he did.†I feel good about those five, the tackles, and Jeremiah Warren and Chaz Hine, I feel really good about them.â€

Holtz mentioned that Damien Edwards, John McGhin and Kevin McCaskill are doing a good job, “A lot of those guys are starting to come along, but they’re still not where we need them to be to say they’re starters and our two deep,†said Holtz. “A lot of those five linemen coming in here, some of them will have a chance to help this football team. That’s going to be critical for how good we’re going to be and that’s going

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1066932.html

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

From what Kelley did at UC, the guy is one of the best in the business. He destroyed USF with his in-game adjustments. While I think the game will be close, ND will win. All the other games will be be wins until PITT. Its a short turnaround game and their team just thinks they can always beat USF. I see that as loss #2. Rutgers, UCONN, The Ville all are weak at QB besides their other challenges. The should all be wins. All games up to Miami are wins. That win last year at Miami was huge punch in their stomach leading to a house cleaning with the AD and HC leaving. This is one of those in-state games that will be a war and UM will win. Loss #3. USF will play an undefeated and top 5 WVU team for the BE title. The Bulls will win because of a superior defense. As a result of the BE tie-breaker rules, USF goes to the Orange Bowl as BE Champion. They play VA-Tech and loose to finish 9-4. Solid year and another step forward for the program. Snyder will leave after this year and become an HC of a MAC program. Bulls are preaseason top 25 and favorites to win the BE in 2012.

Archived