• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New baseball stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

Took the family to tonights game vs WV and was completely impressed with the new facility.  Great job USF. Very nice seating and love the berm areas.  Count us in as frequent visitors. The future little Bulls loved it too. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Glad you got out there and enjoyed it.  It is great seeing little kids running around the berm areas.  A true family atmosphere at the new ballpark.  We have already gone to more games this year than all of last year.  Of course the weather has a lot to do with that.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i wish i could go to a game.  i really want to see the stadium in person in a game atmosphere.

• Content Count:  57

I went to Jason's Deli with the wife/kids on Friday night and a fellow Bull fan saw my USF shirt and asked me if I was going to the game that night.  I wasn't going, but mentioned I'd been trying to make a game.  He had season tickets and gave me his seats for the Sunday game.

So with the help of a generous Bulls fan, I saw my first game in the stadium and I can validate that we have a gem of a facility. Love the seating, sight lines and most of all, the shade!  A friend had told me how family friendly the venue is and I couldn't agree more.  Great place to let the kids watch the game from the berm or have them hang out past the left field fence while waiting for a home run.

To be fair, the facility has a few areas that have yet to be painted etc., but that stuff was minor and overall, I was really impressed.  One suggestion for improvement I would immediately make is to put a door in the outfield fence in between RF and CF.  In its current configuration, a pitcher coming in from the bullpen has to run from past the outfield fence all the way around to where the fence ends (i.e. the right field foul line & the outfield fence), then come through a gate and run all the way to the mound.  Having a door in the outfield fence can be barely noticable and is pretty common place in ballparks across the country.  Just a thought.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I was thinking the same thing about the bullpen and lack of a door.  These guys are probably gassed by the time they run all the way around the stadium and finally up to the mound!

• Content Count:  1,412

There is a door in Right Center field, that is where they bring in the equipment etc.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

There is a door in Right Center field, that is where they bring in the equipment etc.

Don't think the run for the pitcher would be any shorter in that direction.  They would be running away from the pitcher's mound and then in from 395' (or whatever the distance is to center).  I guess it is nice that they can warm up in the shade, but 1 more door would be the best solution.

• Content Count:  48

I can promise you that even if the pitcher were to sprint in from the right field corner he is not going to be gassed. If he is, he shouldn't be in the game anyway, cause he would last about 3 pitches and be gassed even if he was just walking in from the outfield. Just my opinion, but those guys run their proverbial b@ll$ off!

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I might be wrong, but I think balls is a safe word to use on this forum.  ;D

Archived