• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I already love Darrell Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Think I'll trust our coaches opinion rather than a UCF supporter.

I actually ATTENDED and GRADUATED from USF.. my handle has "USF" in it

i swear, some of these community college/HCC kids on this message board need to get caught up to speed on reading comprehension....

I was a USF graduate when you were still leaking into your huggies. Back when they actually required writing skills and reading comprehension. I was just remembering when you took UCF's cause up when they were whining about the Big Bad USF keeping them out of the BE. That would fit my definition of supporter.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

I was a USF graduate when you were still leaking into your huggies. Back when they actually required writing skills and reading comprehension. I was just remembering when you took UCF's cause up when they were whining about the Big Bad USF keeping them out of the BE. That would fit my definition of supporter.

your definition of the term "definition" is terrible, then...  seems like anyone who mentions the letters "UCF" in series is going to be publicly crucified by your 'definition'.  Talk about being ignorant.

I find it funny you say "back when they actually required writing skills and reading comprehension".. the standard at USF has only gone UP from the time that you claimed you went there and when I went there.. so by "DEFINITION", you attended USF when it was merely a commuter school and glorified community college that handed out bachelor degrees... and your reading comprehension shows it.  Maybe you should go back and get a second bachelor's; you'd be able to learn that just mentioning other schools in the state (i.e.- UCF) doesn't mean you are a "Supporter".

FYI- putting pics up of celebrity chicks as an avatar is something high school/HCC teens do.. make me think you're pulling the wool over all of our eyes with your supposed age.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

CATFIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  36

Whoa...pull the tampon out guys. Lets all pass around the hippy lettuce and chill. Darrell Scott from what I've heard is indeed a freak show. One of the RB's is a friend of mine,  I won't mention which one but even he said he needs to do more "speed work" because Darrell "keeps getting faster"...Spring practice has just started and the NCAA is letting the coaching staff take the Ferrari 458 super liggera out of the garage and **** does it look good.. As far as what he did at UC, its seems to me that you failed to recognize the type of offense being run there. It was horrendous. Darrell was not the feature back and several times during his freshman season he was sharing the workload with *Rodney Stewart* as well as 5 other RB's. 4-12 was their record during Darrell's freshman year. Check out all the other guys with "ATT"....come on count chokula this guy was underutilized and glanced over. As for 2009 I consider it null and void because he was injured. As far as I am concerned Scott and Aycock only have one way to go and that's up. I can guarantee you Scott will have way more than 364 yards next season.

GS    ATT  Yards

Rodney Stewart 9 132 669 47 622 4.71 2 22 69.1

Darrell Scott 11 87 364 21 343 3.94 1 42 31.2

Tyler Hansen 5 63 322 61 261 4.14 0 24 52.2

Demetrius Sumler 12 63 266 15 251 3.98 4 36 20.9

Josh Smith 12 12 60 28 32 2.67 0 24 2.7

Kevin Moyd 12 7 34 4 30 3.33 0 21 2.5

Jason Espinoza 2 1 5 0 5 5.00 0 5 2.5

Cody Crawford 12 1 2 0 2 2.00 0 2 0.2

Scotty McKnight 12 2 5 3 2 1.00 0 5 0.2

Patrick Williams 12 2 2 0 2 1.00 0 1 0.2

Matt Ballenger 2 7 16 23 -7 -3.50 0 11 -3.5

Cody Hawkins 12 57 150 173 -23 -0.04 3 19 -1.9

Remember we are all Bulls....from the first alum to the most recent.

Whoa...pull the tampon out guys. Lets all pass around the hippy lettuce and chill. Darrell Scott from what I've heard is indeed a freak show. One of the RB's is a friend of mine,  I won't mention which one but even he said he needs to do more "speed work" because Darrell "keeps getting faster"...Spring practice has just started and the NCAA is letting the coaching staff take the Ferrari 458 super liggera out of the garage and **** does it look good.. As far as what he did at UC, its seems to me that you failed to recognize the type of offense being run there. It was horrendous. Darrell was not the feature back and several times during his freshman season he was sharing the workload with *Rodney Stewart* as well as 5 other RB's. 4-12 was their record during Darrell's freshman year. Check out all the other guys with "ATT"....come on count chokula this guy was underutilized and glanced over. As for 2009 I consider it null and void because he was injured. As far as I am concerned Scott and Aycock only have one way to go and that's up. I can guarantee you Scott will have way more than 364 yards next season.

GS     ATT  Yards

Rodney Stewart 9 132 669 47 622 4.71 2 22 69.1

Darrell Scott 11 87 364 21 343 3.94 1 42 31.2

Tyler Hansen 5 63 322 61 261 4.14 0 24 52.2

Demetrius Sumler 12 63 266 15 251 3.98 4 36 20.9

Josh Smith 12 12 60 28 32 2.67 0 24 2.7

Kevin Moyd 12 7 34 4 30 3.33 0 21 2.5

Jason Espinoza 2 1 5 0 5 5.00 0 5 2.5

Cody Crawford 12 1 2 0 2 2.00 0 2 0.2

Scotty McKnight 12 2 5 3 2 1.00 0 5 0.2

Patrick Williams 12 2 2 0 2 1.00 0 1 0.2

Matt Ballenger 2 7 16 23 -7 -3.50 0 11 -3.5

Cody Hawkins 12 57 150 173 -23 -0.04 3 19 -1.9

Remember we are all Bulls....from the first alum to the most recent.

Looks like as a freshman he was the number 2 back which isn't bad.  4 ypc is also good.  Sad we only have him for two years, but it seems as if he worked hard last year and he is really anxious.  That ND linebacker who has to tackle him on his first carry will get trucked.  Believe that.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

your definition of the term "definition" is terrible, then...  seems like anyone who mentions the letters "UCF" in series is going to be publicly crucified by your 'definition'.  Talk about being ignorant.

I find it funny you say "back when they actually required writing skills and reading comprehension".. the standard at USF has only gone UP from the time that you claimed you went there and when I went there.. so by "DEFINITION", you attended USF when it was merely a commuter school and glorified community college that handed out bachelor degrees... and your reading comprehension shows it.  Maybe you should go back and get a second bachelor's; you'd be able to learn that just mentioning other schools in the state (i.e.- UCF) doesn't mean you are a "Supporter".

FYI- putting pics up of celebrity chicks as an avatar is something high school/HCC teens do.. make me think you're pulling the wool over all of our eyes with your supposed age.

I guess looking at beautiful women is something you can't appreciate, but I'll leave that discussion to you and your "partner". As to your community college and commuter school comments, I guess I have never considered USF either. Not when I went there, not even when it was cranking out out some less informed parties like yourself. BTW I don't need a "second" bachelors, My master's from UCLA will do fine thank you. And as to my age, I am Class of 79. Not something I am particularly pleased with, but a fact nonetheless. Just really don't see where you get off putting down a kid who is excited to play and obviously a gifted athlete. Sounds a bit more juvenile than still loving beautiful women , even during my sunset years :gobulls

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Arguing your Bulls-fan credentials is laughable. You're both fans guys, and both grumpy ones at that for your respective topics. Relax a bit. Watch out Rick though, old man Bill will remember this incident for awhile and bring it up again when you least suspect it.

On Scott, I'm a bit weary. He is saying all the right things though and the coaches seem impressed so hopefully he pans out. At least one of Scott or Aycock (maybe even Shaw) should pan out as a legit #1 type back.

• Content Count:  4,016

now the Ford/Leavitt combo-- THAT was perfect example of a poor coaching staff not being able to utilize talent properly..

Right, our previous coaching staff ruined Mike Ford ...  ::)

I had almost forgotten about these MENSA-like observations.  :D

Whenever Mike Ford ran with the ball, he proved he was the best pure RB on our staff.. academics, while it keeps you eligible, has nothing to do with pure athletic ability..  if the old staff knew what was good for them, they would have ran the ball with Ford over and over and over again. they probably would have won more games and would still have a job at USF

Really?  Mikey missed almost the entire 2008 season due to injury.  He came in before the 2007 season weighing about 25lbs over weight and reportedly ran a 4.9 forty for the coaches, and still didn't show up in the fall in shape.  Between the time he came to USF and the fall he was arrested twice and had a minor on-campus incident.  He had a decent 2007 season but hardly inspiring, he showed flashes but also got suspended for missing classes and screwing up.  The only game where Mike really showed us Mike was his last game at USF....and he then managed to get arrested two more times subsequent to that game before getting dismissed by Holtz.

Those that have never played football and do not understand football don't realize it is the consumate team sport.  Coaches can not reward bad habits, bad behavior, and general laziness....it's undermining to the entire team and leadership.  ANYONE that says Leavitt was wrong with his handling Ford is nuts.  In fact the only reason that kid was at USF and stayed at USF was Leavitt and Franks.  At most schools he would have washed out by his first year.  He had more arrests, more suspensions, more missed workouts, missed meetings, missed classes, bad grades...then I believe I've seen since the Brian Fisher child support debacle...maybe ever.  Many insiders believe Leavitt hurt his team by trying to reform Ford because he drug down other players with him, Taylor, and generally was a poor example of leadership.  Mike is a good kid, nice as can be off the field...but he's a knucklehead.  I hate it, anyone hates it, you hate seeing nice kids like this that have the disease of being unable to avoid trouble...but anyone that says Ford's lack of playing time is because of coachin is crazy.  Mike's problem was Mike. Pure and simple.

You want another example....let's talk Johnny Peyton.  A freak of a talent, and he was a four star before it was vogue for 4 stars to come to USF.  He came because Leavitt pulled strings and got him in.  An ok kid, but he couldn't stay away from trouble, and was lazy.  His first year and a half he was a stud when he saw the field, but one person once said the coaches were fools to not play him.  How could they when Johnny missed about 1/5th of all practices for academic issues-- you don't practice you can't start that's a rule that's as old as time and universal with all coaches.  He missed lots of workouts too.  Johnny today is in Stark serving time for slinging drugs.  Sad, a knucklehead like Peyton who came from a bad unbringing and couldn't stay away from it and eventually succumbs to it.

Never, ever, never blame coaches when they work so hard to try and reform kids but these kids still fall victim to their own devices.  And rewarding them for their bad behavior by starting them just because fans want it is nuts.  This isn't the NFL, these kids got to earn it and prove it first.  This is an educational institution, and if they can't be good students first then they shouldn't be here-- case closed-- even the nice ones.

• Content Count:  1,079

now the Ford/Leavitt combo-- THAT was perfect example of a poor coaching staff not being able to utilize talent properly..

Right, our previous coaching staff ruined Mike Ford ...  ::)

I had almost forgotten about these MENSA-like observations.  :D

Whenever Mike Ford ran with the ball, he proved he was the best pure RB on our staff.. academics, while it keeps you eligible, has nothing to do with pure athletic ability..  if the old staff knew what was good for them, they would have ran the ball with Ford over and over and over again. they probably would have won more games and would still have a job at USF

Really?  Mikey missed almost the entire 2008 season due to injury.  He came in before the 2007 season weighing about 25lbs over weight and reportedly ran a 4.9 forty for the coaches, and still didn't show up in the fall in shape.   Between the time he came to USF and the fall he was arrested twice and had a minor on-campus incident.  He had a decent 2007 season but hardly inspiring, he showed flashes but also got suspended for missing classes and screwing up.  The only game where Mike really showed us Mike was his last game at USF....and he then managed to get arrested two more times subsequent to that game before getting dismissed by Holtz.

Those that have never played football and do not understand football don't realize it is the consumate team sport.  Coaches can not reward bad habits, bad behavior, and general laziness....it's undermining to the entire team and leadership.  ANYONE that says Leavitt was wrong with his handling Ford is nuts.  In fact the only reason that kid was at USF and stayed at USF was Leavitt and Franks.  At most schools he would have washed out by his first year.  He had more arrests, more suspensions, more missed workouts, missed meetings, missed classes, bad grades...then I believe I've seen since the Brian Fisher child support debacle...maybe ever.  Many insiders believe Leavitt hurt his team by trying to reform Ford because he drug down other players with him, Taylor, and generally was a poor example of leadership.  Mike is a good kid, nice as can be off the field...but he's a knucklehead.  I hate it, anyone hates it, you hate seeing nice kids like this that have the disease of being unable to avoid trouble...but anyone that says Ford's lack of playing time is because of coachin is crazy.  Mike's problem was Mike. Pure and simple.

You want another example....let's talk Johnny Peyton.  A freak of a talent, and he was a four star before it was vogue for 4 stars to come to USF.  He came because Leavitt pulled strings and got him in.  An ok kid, but he couldn't stay away from trouble, and was lazy.  His first year and a half he was a stud when he saw the field, but one person once said the coaches were fools to not play him.  How could they when Johnny missed about 1/5th of all practices for academic issues-- you don't practice you can't start that's a rule that's as old as time and universal with all coaches.  He missed lots of workouts too.  Johnny today is in Stark serving time for slinging drugs.  Sad, a knucklehead like Peyton who came from a bad unbringing and couldn't stay away from it and eventually succumbs to it.

Never, ever, never blame coaches when they work so hard to try and reform kids but these kids still fall victim to their own devices.  And rewarding them for their bad behavior by starting them just because fans want it is nuts.  This isn't the NFL, these kids got to earn it and prove it first.  This is an educational institution, and if they can't be good students first then they shouldn't be here-- case closed-- even the nice ones.

:clap

Good post pride.

Back to Scott, 14 lbs lighter and anxious to go, doesn't sound or look like old Mikey.  Let's do it!!!!!!

Archived