• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I already love Darrell Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

I think just Darrell Scott playing in the Spring Game might draw an additional 1,000 people. Everyone seems to be really stoked to see how this guy looks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016

I think just Darrell Scott playing in the Spring Game might draw an additional 1,000 people. Everyone seems to be really stoked to see how this guy looks.

I'll say this...Darrell has as much or more talent than Ford when he arrived.  And a big plus is he's been on campus for nearly 8 months without an incident and getting some nice praise from the coaches.  Mike Ford could never go that long without an incident.  To me that's a big positive and tells me Darrell may like being Darrell, but he's at least focused on why he is here, and will not get into trouble that will keep him off the field.  A good sign and about all we can ask for at this point, and that is half the battle.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I am not holding my breath.. everyone at Colorado claims that he was nothing special.. and obviously if he didn't crack the starting lineup, so I am not surprised.. we always say "stop looking at the Stars on rivals/scout", so maybe we need to take a little of our own advice on this one.

Coach Holtz and the rest of the staff seems pretty smitten with Scott and his progress and ability since he has arrived at USF.  That's certainly more important than what anyone at Colorado thinks of Scott.  If Holtz thinks he's something special that immediately voids out anything in Boulder thought about Scott and certainly goes beyond anyone who has high hopes for the kid simply being star gazers. 

• Content Count:  993

Whoa...pull the tampon out guys. Lets all pass around the hippy lettuce and chill. Darrell Scott from what I've heard is indeed a freak show. One of the RB's is a friend of mine,  I won't mention which one but even he said he needs to do more "speed work" because Darrell "keeps getting faster"...Spring practice has just started and the NCAA is letting the coaching staff take the Ferrari 458 super liggera out of the garage and **** does it look good.. As far as what he did at UC, its seems to me that you failed to recognize the type of offense being run there. It was horrendous. Darrell was not the feature back and several times during his freshman season he was sharing the workload with *Rodney Stewart* as well as 5 other RB's. 4-12 was their record during Darrell's freshman year. Check out all the other guys with "ATT"....come on count chokula this guy was underutilized and glanced over. As for 2009 I consider it null and void because he was injured. As far as I am concerned Scott and Aycock only have one way to go and that's up. I can guarantee you Scott will have way more than 364 yards next season.

GS     ATT  Yards

Rodney Stewart 9 132 669 47 622 4.71 2 22 69.1

Darrell Scott 11 87 364 21 343 3.94 1 42 31.2

Tyler Hansen 5 63 322 61 261 4.14 0 24 52.2

Demetrius Sumler 12 63 266 15 251 3.98 4 36 20.9

Josh Smith 12 12 60 28 32 2.67 0 24 2.7

Kevin Moyd 12 7 34 4 30 3.33 0 21 2.5

Jason Espinoza 2 1 5 0 5 5.00 0 5 2.5

Cody Crawford 12 1 2 0 2 2.00 0 2 0.2

Scotty McKnight 12 2 5 3 2 1.00 0 5 0.2

Patrick Williams 12 2 2 0 2 1.00 0 1 0.2

Matt Ballenger 2 7 16 23 -7 -3.50 0 11 -3.5

Cody Hawkins 12 57 150 173 -23 -0.04 3 19 -1.9

Remember we are all Bulls....from the first alum to the most recent.

Looks like as a freshman he was the number 2 back which isn't bad.  4 ypc is also good.  Sad we only have him for two years, but it seems as if he worked hard last year and he is really anxious.  That ND linebacker who has to tackle him on his first carry will get trucked.  Believe that.

the only problem with Scott being the #2 is the #1 was also a true freshman and as a 5'6" 165lb RB should have been nowhere near Scott physically.

• Content Count:  993

now the Ford/Leavitt combo-- THAT was perfect example of a poor coaching staff not being able to utilize talent properly..

Right, our previous coaching staff ruined Mike Ford ...  ::)

I had almost forgotten about these MENSA-like observations.  :D

Whenever Mike Ford ran with the ball, he proved he was the best pure RB on our staff.. academics, while it keeps you eligible, has nothing to do with pure athletic ability..  if the old staff knew what was good for them, they would have ran the ball with Ford over and over and over again. they probably would have won more games and would still have a job at USF

Mike Ford was not capable of carrying the load week in and week out, because he was out of shape. 

If Mike Ford was such a great talent maybe he could've stuck with a team like the Bradenton Gladiators or Sarasota Millionaires but he couldn't even manage that. 

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

No comparison to Leavitt here, but I love the way Holtz has conducted business since he came in

1) He goes after kids who keep their grades and personal affairs in order, offers them early committments and sticks with them if they stick to USF.

2) Isn't afraid to cut bait when someone starts screwing up (Weatherford, Carnes, Ford etal)

3) Really showed some class by sticking with Alex Mut after his untimely injury

4) Seems to be building for the long haul. Relationships formed by a man's word last a very long time. Local HS coaches have to be taking notice of how he is treating his players and recruits.

5) Added a staff who seem to mirror those attributes(They are getting too many job interviews though :-\ )

Add another +1 for Pride's discussion too. This guy ain't no Mike Ford. And as far as CU and his time there. Everybody deserves a fresh start and it sure sounds like DS is taking advantage of this chance. I think he is gonna be a monster this season.

Archived