• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I already love Darrell Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

I am not holding my breath.. everyone at Colorado claims that he was nothing special.. and obviously if he didn't crack the starting lineup, so I am not surprised.. we always say "stop looking at the Stars on rivals/scout", so maybe we need to take a little of our own advice on this one.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I am not holding my breath.. everyone at Colorado claims that he was nothing special.. and obviously if he didn't crack the starting lineup, so I am not surprised.. we always say "stop looking at the Stars on rivals/scout", so maybe we need to take a little of our own advice on this one.

I agree with you only on the part that we should wait and see, but did you really talk to everyone at Colorado?  Their staff was one of the most incompetent set of football coaches in the country over the last few years, at least in a big boy conference (Hawkins' success at Boise St. notwithstanding).  We know Holtz is a good coach and has a good staff, so I wouldn't go by what "everyone at Colorado" says just yet.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I remember reading a variety of opinions on him from Colorado fans when he decided to transfer here.

Some thought that he came in as a freshman overweight and out of shape and that's why he didn't put up the numbers that they expected.

Other fans thought that the coach did not use him properly.

He only played in a few games his sophomore year due to injury, so I don't know if we really know how well he can now do when properly fit and healthy.

I can understand why some people would be sceptical, but in the preseason hope springs eternal.  ;D

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I remember reading a variety of opinions on him from Colorado fans when he decided to transfer here.

Some thought that he came in as a freshman overweight and out of shape and that's why he didn't put up the numbers that they expected.

Other fans thought that the coach did not use him properly.

He only played in a few games his sophomore year due to injury, so I don't know if we really know how well he can now do when properly fit and healthy.

I can understand why some people would be sceptical, but in the preseason hope springs eternal.  ;D

I know that Q. Eatmon lost 41 lbs from last year on our conditioning program and if Darrell is a little over, he will be in prime condition come September. I for one am willing to give a kid with this much raw talent and desire the benefit of the doubt. Think about what a kid named nmaed Newton did with his second chance.

I agree with you only on the part that we should wait and see, but did you really talk to everyone at Colorado?  Their staff was one of the most incompetent set of football coaches in the country over the last few years, at least in a big boy conference (Hawkins' success at Boise St. notwithstanding).  We know Holtz is a good coach and has a good staff, so I wouldn't go by what "everyone at Colorado" says just yet.

Did you actually watch Scott play at colorado?  in the games he did play, there really was no flashes of brilliance at all.. at least with players like Mike Ford, when he saw the field, he flashed signs of brilliance.. now the Ford/Leavitt combo-- THAT was perfect example of a poor coaching staff not being able to utilize talent properly.. Scott on the other hand, I just don't think there was/is anything there to write home about.  i hope im wrong on this one.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Did you actually watch Scott play at colorado?  in the games he did play, there really was no flashes of brilliance at all.. at least with players like Mike Ford, when he saw the field, he flashed signs of brilliance.. now the Ford/Leavitt combo-- THAT was perfect example of a poor coaching staff not being able to utilize talent properly.. Scott on the other hand, I just don't think there was/is anything there to write home about.  i hope im wrong on this one.

Think I'll trust our coaches opinion rather than a UCF supporter.

"He's awfully talented," Fitch said. "What impressed me the most about him in the fall was 'Was he going to come in and work hard or just cruise through it?' Highly recruited kid. We know the story. Did a great job on the scout team. Coaches raved about him. He's reshaped his body, lost 12-14 pounds. He's excited about the challenge."

jus sayin.....

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/bulls-open-practice-excited-talent-running-back#c-1867139

• Content Count:  260

Holtz referred to him as a "freak show." He obviously saw something in practice to make him think he is special.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

now the Ford/Leavitt combo-- THAT was perfect example of a poor coaching staff not being able to utilize talent properly..

Right, our previous coaching staff ruined Mike Ford ...  ::)

I had almost forgotten about these MENSA-like observations.  :D

Think I'll trust our coaches opinion rather than a UCF supporter.

I actually ATTENDED and GRADUATED from USF.. my handle has "USF" in it

i swear, some of these community college/HCC kids on this message board need to get caught up to speed on reading comprehension....

now the Ford/Leavitt combo-- THAT was perfect example of a poor coaching staff not being able to utilize talent properly..

Right, our previous coaching staff ruined Mike Ford ...  ::)

I had almost forgotten about these MENSA-like observations.  :D

Whenever Mike Ford ran with the ball, he proved he was the best pure RB on our staff.. academics, while it keeps you eligible, has nothing to do with pure athletic ability..  if the old staff knew what was good for them, they would have ran the ball with Ford over and over and over again. they probably would have won more games and would still have a job at USF

Archived