• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Bivins CB, Gainesville HS, Gainesville, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Wow.  Chris can start for us right now at corner

How tall is he?

Page 1  :-[

6' 170

That sounds about right... I'm 6'4 and he was pretty much eye to eye with me.

What am I missing here ...?

You didn't know Southshore is

alienGenitalia_conehead_l1.jpg

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Lol... I meant to type 6'4. iPhone......

• Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

You DID type 6'4 ... That's the question. Bivins is supposedly only 6'0 ...

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You DID type 6'4 ... That's the question. Bivins is supposedly only 6'0 ...

Maybe Chris is now 6'3 and 185. Maybe we can convert him to tight end next year since our depth at corner is so exceptional.

Bleh... I dunno... once your at 6ft does it really matter?  ;D

I'm finally home and have a laptop to expound some more.

Chris called his interception... kind of like Dion (not making a comparison... just trying to provide ).... the WR was talking trash (we could see that from the stands) and Chris dared him to tell his QB to throw it to him and he'd pick it off.... next play that's just what happened.

Like I said earlier it was interesting to just be able to watch one player and see how they play their position. I'm by far no expert but this kid seems different... He plays his position with attention to minute detail which is something I haven't seen from a high school kid. He has a good time playing the game but seemed to be at a higher level of maturity and development. His closing speed is head turning and his reaction time is remarkable.

Coach McGeoghan and Coach Holtz were there for warmups and Coach Holtz observed the first half from the field. Chris' dad found me in the stands and introduced himself as well as Chris' twin sister who is coming to USF next June. Dad being dad, he actually has Chris' acceptance letter via email to USF on his phone... that's right, Chris has already been accepted for the Spring 2012 semester.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Bleh... I dunno... once your at 6ft does it really matter?  ;D

I'm finally home and have a laptop to expound some more.

Chris called his interception... kind of like Dion (not making a comparison... just trying to provide ).... the WR was talking trash (we could see that from the stands) and Chris dared him to tell his QB to throw it to him and he'd pick it off.... next play that's just what happened.

Like I said earlier it was interesting to just be able to watch one player and see how they play their position. I'm by far no expert but this kid seems different... He plays his position with attention to minute detail which is something I haven't seen from a high school kid. He has a good time playing the game but seemed to be at a higher level of maturity and development. His closing speed is head turning and his reaction time is remarkable.

Coach McGeoghan and Coach Holtz were there for warmups and Coach Holtz observed the first half from the field. Chris' dad found me in the stands and introduced himself as well as Chris' twin sister who is coming to USF next June. Dad being dad, he actually has Chris' acceptance letter via email to USF on his phone... that's right, Chris has already been accepted for the Spring 2012 semester.

Great post!  I have said many times I'm not worried about him coming to USF, and you have certainly gotten me excited about his talent level!

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Bivins stats for GHS v BHS: 1INT, 5 Tkls, 1 Fumble Rec, 2 PBUs(1 turned into an INT for a team mate) & 0 Rec against

Yeah..... that'll work.

Chris is headed for an official visit to Tennessee today.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Chris Bivins stats for GHS v BHS: 1INT, 5 Tkls, 1 Fumble Rec, 2 PBUs(1 turned into an INT for a team mate) & 0 Rec against

Yeah..... that'll work.

Chris is headed for an official visit to Tennessee today.

Sounds like he is an aggressive DB. Hope he doesn't get neutered by our soft defensive philosophy.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

good insight southshore

Archived