• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Bivins CB, Gainesville HS, Gainesville, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bivins hasn't tweeted about USF lately...hmm.  j/k :D

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Bivins hasn't tweeted about USF lately...hmm.  j/k :D

Too bad that his Bivins Island articles are no longer free. I figured he would want that out for more people to read.

Anyway, I found this blurb searching google on him, concerning what he thought about USF beating ND.

"It was real nice to see, and it was a great win for them! I feel better about my commitment, shows they can compete with the best!"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

it's not his call on the 247 article... that's up to them.

Not really.

He could insist that it be free, or he won't write it for them.

• Content Count:  72
  • Days Won:  0

The Bivins Island is still written by Newberg, he interviews Bivins...

Not really.

LOL... that's not how it works. Josh writes it... it's property of 247. As for Chris not being a part of it, it's not that big of a deal to make a difference. Bivins has his offers and commitment. While it's nice that we get a couple of nuggets here and there, in the big scheme the series is just fodder. 247 is in the business of making money.

Not really.

LOL... that's not how it works. Josh writes it... it's property of 247. As for Chris not being a part of it, it's not that big of a deal to make a difference. Bivins has his offers and commitment. While it's nice that we get a couple of nuggets here and there, in the big scheme the series is just fodder. 247 is in the business of making money.

I thought it was supposed to be more like his diary and that 247 [Josh] would just clean it up up for publication.

"Bulls247 has teamed up with South Florida commit Chris Bivins. In this weekely feature, the talented cornerback from Gainesville high school will give a weekly account of his life, through his own words."

32 days ago via 247Sports Mobile

Basketbull18 said...

That was pretty cool. Looking forward to hearing more from Bivins.

Not bad for the first entry.

First time I've done a feature like this and first time for Bivins. I'm sure he'll loosen up and this will keep getting better!

Josh Newberg●

Sometimes a new site uses teasers to get people to go there. I thought it made sense for them to continue making Bivins Island free, so that people would go there at least once a week to read it. Nobody is going to buy a subscription just to read that article.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not really.

I thought it was supposed to be more like his diary and that 247 [Josh] would just clean it up up for publication.

"Bulls247 has teamed up with South Florida commit Chris Bivins. In this weekely feature, the talented cornerback from Gainesville high school will give a weekly account of his life, through his own words."

32 days ago via 247Sports Mobile

Basketbull18 said...

That was pretty cool. Looking forward to hearing more from Bivins.

Not bad for the first entry.

First time I've done a feature like this and first time for Bivins. I'm sure he'll loosen up and this will keep getting better!

Josh Newberg●

Sometimes a new site uses teasers to get people to go there. I thought it made sense for them to continue making Bivins Island free, so that people would go there at least once a week to read it. Nobody is going to buy a subscription just to read that article.

Sounds dangerously close to NCAA problems to me. Bivins is rendering service to a paid subscription site. I hope they got all this ok'ed by a compliance guy somewhere.

The first one was like that.... the last couple have been more of an interview format or subject format.

Bill... they got clearance before they did it.

• Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

Bivins is getting exactly what he wants... just look how many posts and views this thread as.  He is definitely enjoying this.  Unless gainesville calls I am sure he is sticking to his commit, and even then he still may. 

Archived