• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Bivins CB, Gainesville HS, Gainesville, FL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

This is why I said this kid is this years Grady. Drama King. Theater major

You do realize he probably reads this board? Shut your mouth.

Ha. If a comment like that would sway his decision then why would you want him anyway. I think as a fan of my school, its a little ridiculous to have a kid who supposedly is committed, publicly ask and talk about hoping for scholarships from (bigger) schools. Especially those we have beat.

I think it's more ridiculous that you took the tweet so seriously.  ::)

He has been quoted in an article as saying he really wants a UF offer and that he would jump on it

Of course he has... he's said that since before we were recruiting him.... for crying out loud, the kid goes to HS a couple of miles from UF and grew up in Gainesville. The difference between that and his UM tweet is that the UM tweet was a direct comment on the game... he was taking a shot at the DB's just like later he praised Maryland's DB's.

Look... The only way I see him decommiting is if UF offered... which they are not. He's committed to the success of our program and has actively recruited for us since his verbal and continues to do so. He's not playing games with us and he's been very upfront for the entire process. Try to give the 17 year old a break.  ::)

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This is the only reference to UF I could find  is a tweet is from UF recruiting analyst

RivalsCNee

Gainesville (Fla.) DB Chris Bivins top 5: #USF, #Arkansas, #Kentucky, #NCState, #Illinois. #UF & #Tennessee in mix if they offer.

Not exactly "He has been quoted in an article as saying he really wants a UF offer and that he would jump on it"

Josh at 247 has reported that as well... I don't think it's a big secret.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Josh at 247 has reported that as well... I don't think it's a big secret.

+1, wherever the rumor came from it wasn't the source BillReef just cited.

There was something along the lines of him saying he'd love to entertain a UF offer.

I'm not convinced that even if they offer that he'd jump. His sister is here and I think him starting a legacy here has really grown on him since he stated what he did about UF.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

This is the only reference to UF I could find  is a tweet is from UF recruiting analyst

RivalsCNee

Gainesville (Fla.) DB Chris Bivins top 5: #USF, #Arkansas, #Kentucky, #NCState, #Illinois. #UF & #Tennessee in mix if they offer.

Not exactly "He has been quoted in an article as saying he really wants a UF offer and that he would jump on it"

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/11320/bivins-picks-usf-still-eyeing-florida/

“That’s the University of Florida — they always get the best recruits,†he said. “It’s a great school, great coaches and they just have everything a prospect looks for in a college.â€

There’s still a chance Bivins gets his wish and ends up at Florida.

Bradenton, Fla., Southeast corner Brian Poole committed to UF two weeks ago, joining Hallandale, Fla. DB Willie Bailey in the Class of 2012. It is widely thought that Florida is looking for one more cornerback.

Bivins has done all he could do to get that last spot.

“I poured my heart out, did the best I could do, excelled at pretty much everything and I still didn’t get (an offer).â€

Bivins was a bit disheartened after meeting with the Florida coaches. They expressed how much they like him. They said they would like to get him into this class, but they said it’s a numbers game.

That article (from June) isn't correct in a couple of points:

"Bivins’ top five is USF, Arkansas, Kentucky, N.C. State and Iowa State but he has stated he is hoping to earn offers from Tennessee and Florida. He has yet to visit any of the other schools in his top five, so a lot could change between now and National Signing Day." 

For starters CB will be in class at USF on NSD. He is graduating in December, will have his qualifying grades and will be signed long before NSD.

Secondly if this is journalism, i am a Nobel Laureate. It's just a homer article, which assumes Chris will come begging for a spot if one opens up.You know they don't think Gator scat smells so they have a little different view of the world from there.

"In other words, there’s one spot left and the UF coaching staff wasn’t ready to give Bivins an offer knowing he would jump at it. Not yet, at least"

The idea that this guy knows how many spots the UF coaching staff has for DBs is laughable. He conjures a scenario where there is a spot open and UF is waiting for higher ranked prospect, but will offer Bivins if that doesn't pan out. Again, if this guy actually knows that and is putting it in print, he won't ever be able to do it again. 98 per cent more likely is that he has created that whole scenario deep within his little gator brain.

I mean I am sure Chris would have loved for some offers from some more elite programs, bottom line it really doesn't matter. Our coaches are NOT getting played by a young player like this. They are letting him take trips, they wouldn't have used up one of our precious scollies if they didn't know he was coming to Tampa. I get really tired of the attitude that we only get the scraps from other programs tables. I really think we are moving past that point.

Thanks to you Redfish though, for finding the original article that you were quoting.It makes it much easier to look at the logic involved when you know the source. Pay close attention in the whole article to what quotes he attributes to Chris and to what is interjected between those lines.

You are blind if you dont believe he would jump at a UF offer. Its what he really wants, but he would settle, to stay committed here if that doesnt happen.

You are blind if you dont believe he would jump at a UF offer. Its what he really wants, but he would settle, to stay committed here if that doesnt happen.

You just described 99% of the football players in Florida.

We have had several with FSU, UF, or Miami offers who never batted an eye when they commited here.

We have had several with FSU, UF, or Miami offers who never batted an eye when they commited here.

Are you arguing both sides of the argument now?

Archived