• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Bivins CB, Gainesville HS, Gainesville, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20110813/ARTICLES/110819838

Talk about your recruiting situation, what offers do you have and what is the toughest part of the recruiting process?

“Committing to USF has taken a lot of stress off me. It has helped me focus more on my team and high school instead of focusing on what school I want to go to. I don't have to worry about anything, and can be with my team everyday and work hard getting ready for the season. As of now, that is the school I am going to. I don't think it is going to change in the near future.â€

I'm afraid this kid is gonna flip commitment before signing day.

The only school he might switch for is Florida, if they offered. Even then, I'm not sure he would do that. His sister will also be on scholarship at USF and he would prefer to be with her in college. I think if one of our verbals change it will be someone else.

which he's basically said since the beginning.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Bivins Island

Josh Newberg

3 hours ago

Bulls247 has teamed up with South Florida commit Chris Bivins. In this weekly feature, the talented cornerback from Gainesville high school will give a weekly account of his life, through his own words.

Transitioning back into the team environment

Practice has been going real good. The young guys are coming along and it's good to get away from doing all the individual stuff like 7on7's and combines. It's good to get back with the guys that you are familiar with and have known for three years.

With the 7on7's and combines, it's just you. It feels good to have a team around me that I'm familiar with. Honestly, it feels good to put the pads on too. Finally being able to hit. I was getting sick of playing two-hand-touch all summer on these wide receivers. It felt so good to run through someone for the first time. It's kinda like a bunch of stress was released the first time I hit someone.

I did get to work with a lot of good coaches this summer. I learned a lot at Gridiron Kings. Our coach (former Jacksonville Jaguar DB) Donavan Darius, he taught me a bunch of technique. He also taught me how to think as a corner.

Ready for the Bulls season to start

I'm ready for some football. For the most part when I watch USF play I'm going to sit down with my dad and really get into what the corners are doing. We sit down and break down the play on what the guys are doing right and what they're doing wrong. I'm going to enjoy watching the games, but I'm also going to analyze it as well.

Bivins on the recruiting trail

Duaron Williams (Jones high school offensive lineman) is one of the guys I really want to join this class with me at USF. He's more then a good player, he's also a real good friend of mine. I feel like he could do big things with me Sean Price and Tyler Cameron.

I'm trying to bring in people with similar personalities to me, Sean and Tyler. Guys that are focused and willing to be leaders. At USF we need the best players and also guys with character. We don't want a bunch of guys that feel they're bigger then the team. That's how we're gonna get it done.

I'm going down to Tampa this weekend with my dad. We're probably going to make it to the scrimmage on Saturday.

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Article/Bivins-Island-36163

IAmLockdown_26 Showtime BiVv

So I will officially be in Tampa this weekend for fan fest. Can't wait, #USF fans show me some love if you come across me.

27 minutes ago

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

This is exactly the kind of guy we need on our team. Can't wait to see him play for us

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.  I hope he can bring in additional recruits, seems like he is trying.

• Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

Remember, boosters:  he is still considered a recruit, not a signee.  Tell him that you're happy he could make it out and wish him success this year in school, but don't talk recruiting with him.

Given what has been going down, let's err on the side of caution.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Remember, boosters:  he is still considered a recruit, not a signee.  Tell him that you're happy he could make it out and wish him success this year in school, but don't talk recruiting with him.

No need to worry about that now.

No Tampa for me today.. I hate when ppl change plans at the last minute..

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

No need to worry about that now.

No Tampa for me today.. I hate when ppl change plans at the last minute..

****...I'll be there soon, was going to offer him a Mercedes and some hookers.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

looks like chris had a good game last night

RivalsCNee Chris Nee

For Gainesville, 2013 RB Ralph Webb ran for a game-high 168 yards and a TD. DB Chris Bivins, playing WR, had an 18-yard TD reception.

RivalsCNee Chris Nee

@IAmLockdown_26 and Gainesville (Fla.) defeated Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips 41-20. DP's Nick Patti was 9-for-32 for 159 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT.

1 hour ago

in reply to ↑

Showtime BiVv

@IAmLockdown_26 Showtime BiVv

@RivalsCNee BiVv Island was live in effect!! Trey Griffey only had 1 catch && that was late in the 4th.. Threw it to him atleast 6 times

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

looks like chris had a good game last night

RivalsCNee Chris Nee

For Gainesville, 2013 RB Ralph Webb ran for a game-high 168 yards and a TD. DB Chris Bivins, playing WR, had an 18-yard TD reception.

RivalsCNee Chris Nee

@IAmLockdown_26 and Gainesville (Fla.) defeated Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips 41-20. DP's Nick Patti was 9-for-32 for 159 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT.

1 hour ago

in reply to ↑

Showtime BiVv

@IAmLockdown_26 Showtime BiVv

@RivalsCNee BiVv Island was live in effect!! Trey Griffey only had 1 catch && that was late in the 4th.. Threw it to him atleast 6 times

Dr. Phillips is usually a really good team too, didn't know Gainesville was that strong of a team. Awesome to hear his great summer showing is carrying over to this season.

Archived