• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Coach Direction

What direction should USF go in regards to its Mens Head Basketball Coach  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

USF made a long term commitment to Heath when they hired him. They they wanted him long term to turn it around. He will be here. Athletics has too much invested in him. It would also be tough on the pocket book to fire him without cause right after u give him a contract extension, and then fork out the even bigger contract to get a better coach in here. I think you give Stan one more year just from a financial standpoint. He is definitely on the hot seat.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

USF made a long term commitment to Heath when they hired him. They they wanted him long term to turn it around. He will be here. Athletics has too much invested in him. It would also be tough on the pocket book to fire him without cause right after u give him a contract extension, and then fork out the even bigger contract to get a better coach in here. I think you give Stan one more year just from a financial standpoint. He is definitely on the hot seat.

+1, give him a chance with the new facility and let him stay at least a season more.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

I think he deserves at least 2-3 years after a 20 win season and NIT berth

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Its sad only 42 people have voted

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Actually, I'm kind of surprised it's that many ...

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Question for the pro Stan guys.  Personally, I have no knowledge of the basketball program other than what I see from the stands.  From that perspective Heath is on thin ice.  However, some of you (e.g. Trip) have alluded to other problems with the program that can't be blamed on the coach.

I don't buy the poor facilities argument - there are other schools with better programs and worse (or at least comparable) facilities.

So what are these problems?  I'm asking in all seriousness because I'm sure some of you are far more in tune with the program than I am, and maybe if those in my position had the info you had we'd be Stan supporters, too.  I've met Stan Heath, he seems like a well-intentioned and capable fellow, and I'd prefer to have reason to stick with him.

Guest Sunburned

I thought our facilities were awful when i used to go to games when I was at USF 96-01 so I know until now it hasn't gotten any easier to sell until now.  However, that excuse won't be there now for both recruiting players AND recruiting COACHES! 

You can bet having new facilities will go a long way if we opened up another coaching search.  Like I said though, stability is important and we owe it to OURSELVES to learn if it was the facilities or personnel that was holding us back.  Once we know that, then we can make an informed decision on what to do next.  Can't fire the guy right before you give him the tools he's been screaming he needs.  That's not good business...

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

I don't buy the poor facilities argument - there are other schools with better programs and worse (or at least comparable) facilities.

Who?  What conference do they play in and where are they located ( recruiting base ).  How good have they been historically?  We are trying to build a program almost from scratch playing in the toughest conference

Guest Sunburned

You could say I'm going Green,  my seats will be empty for the rest of the season...the product just isn't worth the time and gas to attend.  Lowering my carbon footprint one game at a time!!!

Archived