• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Coach Direction

What direction should USF go in regards to its Mens Head Basketball Coach  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I vote fire because I think he has lost the team.  Either fire Stan Heath or bring in all new players. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Now there is a brilliant response, Get rid of all the players.

Do I believe we would be better off running a more up tempo game...YES.  But I got to believe the reason we aren't is because of no point guard depth.  The two others he brought in are horrible so he is tying his best with what he has got this year.  I think everyone is losing the point....you don't fire a coach becasue of one down year after losing what we lost.  ITs not like we are losing every game by 20+ like the RM days.  Every game has been 10 pts or less.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I vote fire because I think he has lost the team.  Either fire Stan Heath or bring in all new players. 

He hadn't lost the team as of Saturday ... We shall see going forward.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

When you have the lead in the second half as much as we have and still lose pretty much every one, that's BAD COACHING.  Hey, I'm all for giving him some more time, but you have to find a way for your team to MANAGE the game properly down the stretch.  We look like we have absolutely no book of "plays" from which to draw from.  Fundamentally this team looks lost to the point it makes you wonder what the heck they do during all their practices!  If we can't run the floor up and down with these other teams, we can still run them down by running the baseline, setting 2-3 picks per "play" every possession down and making them feel like they came into a fight. 

No imagination in our offense at all...

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

This whole discussion has convinced me.  RM was the best coach and recruiter in USF history.  We need to Bring him back

• Content Count:  2,523

I thought our facilities were awful when i used to go to games when I was at USF 96-01 so I know until now it hasn't gotten any easier to sell until now.  However, that excuse won't be there now for both recruiting players AND recruiting COACHES! 

You can bet having new facilities will go a long way if we opened up another coaching search.  Like I said though, stability is important and we owe it to OURSELVES to learn if it was the facilities or personnel that was holding us back.  Once we know that, then we can make an informed decision on what to do next.  Can't fire the guy right before you give him the tools he's been screaming he needs.  That's not good business...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Like I said though, stability is important and we owe it to OURSELVES to learn if it was the facilities or personnel that was holding us back.  Once we know that, then we can make an informed decision on what to do next.  Can't fire the guy right before you give him the tools he's been screaming he needs.  That's not good business...

I think that's all most of us pro-Stan guys are saying ...

• Content Count:  578

I'm on the fence. I think the program could use a new spark... a fresh coach who can recruit and bring some excitement to the program and fans. But we see how well that has turned out for UCF. I guess the jury is still out, but their fall from grace has been epic.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Too bad UCF is tanking their conference play. It would be hilarious if they ended up having a great season, and then USF went and pulled Donnie Jones away. I think they would probably riot on campus.

• Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Give him more time.  Do you think he is happy.  It sucks what we (USF) is going through but have some faith.  Last year he made it work and I know you are going to say he had Dojo but one player can not make a team and he found a way to beat some very good teams.

He needs a new facility and some luck with recruiting.  Need shooters because we have some big talent.  However, they did get schooled by the big men at Syracuse.  Hopefully, they will work harder.

Archived