• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Coach Direction

What direction should USF go in regards to its Mens Head Basketball Coach  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

How much would USF be in the hole if they fire him?

Just to answer the question (I don't think Heath is going anywhere)

USF would owe base salary through life of contract if terminated without cause. Base salary is $325,000 and life of contract runs through March 2015.

So about $1.6 million total for life of contract.

If base is $325K what gets it up the $900K reported when he was given the extension?

they get sneaker endorsements. radio and tv deals.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

This question is asked to the Fans.....I believe we could upgrade.  I know the next question is who, but there would be many coaches that could fill the slot, especially and X an O type of coach that could handle the Big East.

Were you around when they were TRYING to fill the spot after Mac left?

USF would owe base salary through life of contract if terminated without cause. Base salary is $325,000 and life of contract runs through March 2015.

If base is $325K what gets it up the $900K reported when he was given the extension?

I didn't realze those were all tied in that contract ...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I believe they are part of his yearly compensation package. I wouldn't guess that they are guaranteed like his base pay from USF.

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

idk about Heath's but typically they are.

• Content Count:  30

I believe they are part of his yearly compensation package. I wouldn't guess that they are guaranteed like his base pay from USF.

According to the contract, USF wouldn't be on the hook for all the incentives, which total $525,000 in the first year and increase by $25,000 each subsequent year.

• Content Count:  2,523

So far I haven't been impressed and all indications right now are it sadly isn't going to work out.  With  basketball, it's not like having to sign 85 high caliber kids!  We only need 1 stud with adequate ROLE players who actually are good fundamentally, not world beaters.  USF may not have much of a tradition, but the fan support would be there for a winner.  I'm not talking NIT team as no one cares about that nor do I mean 20 wins.  You only have to go .500 in BE play to pull that off pretty much as the OOC schedules in basketball are pretty week for the most part.

With that being said, I'm curious to see how much has it been the coach or the facilities.  He should already be selling that to recruits.  If he can sell a vision, a dream, then he's got all the ammo he needs to sell a local kid that they can have it all next season.  Chance to play in front of family/friends, sweet facilities they can be proud of and the chance to play against the best without having to live half the year in crappy cold weather. 

Chances are if he's good, he has one buddy or two he can influence to join him and that's how it all starts.

With new facilities, if we don't see an immediate bump in the next class, then we need to find someone who can sell a vision and who has contacts with these AAU handlers. 

I could live with losing if the style of play was entertaining or looked like it had half a chance if "we got hot" or something, but watching us play basketball is painful outside of rare outbursts like Poland had two games ago...

According to the contract, USF wouldn't be on the hook for all the incentives, which total $525,000 in the first year and increase by $25,000 each subsequent year.

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen ...

• Content Count:  993

if the right candidate comes along we have to jump.  barring that I feel we might as well keep Heath for a couple years.  if no one miraculously comes along and we are still playing at our current level go our separate ways and try someone else, even if they aren't a no brainer.  we are a perennial cellar team but he showed with a couple players we can be competitive.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

This question is asked to the Fans.....I believe we could upgrade.  I know the next question is who, but there would be many coaches that could fill the slot, especially and X an O type of coach that could handle the Big East.

Forget X's and O's for now. USF gets the recruiting leftovers from just about every other team in conference, plus those pesky in-state schools. We're lacking the depth and talent to compete in the BE.

And for the record, I voted to keep Stan.

Archived