• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's recruiting classes ranked higher than Cincy's in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If it was all coaching then just go out and pick 25 kids out of the normal incoming freshman class and move along.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

If it was all coaching then just go out and pick 25 kids out of the normal incoming freshman class and move along.

That's dumb ... Don't even know if they've ever seen a football. Better way would be to pick actual football players within a 10 mi radius of your school. This way you get actual players and still save a ton on recruiting.  ;)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

That's dumb ... Don't even know if they've ever seen a football. Better way would be to pick actual football players within a 10 mi radius of your school. This way you get actual players and still save a ton on recruiting.  ;)

The first day of coaching could be "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a football . . ."

Also we would need to be Title IX compliant with the new recruiting methodology.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

recruiting is obviously important.

I will trust the evaluation process of our $1.7M coach over a $10 subscription service any day.

I could care less where rivals ranks us. too may people on here care where they rank our class. like it's some definitive measure of recruiting success.

there is no way they can differentiate between the #20 class and the #50 class.

sure we all know USC got better recruits than us but there is no way rivals can say definitively that we had a worse class then say UCF or Northwestern.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to finish in top 3 in big east

no one expects usf to outrecruit usc

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

usf needs to finish in top 3 in big east

no one expects usf to outrecruit usc

oregon hasn't finished in the top 3 in the pac 10 over the last 4 years according to rivals.

stanford has finished 3rd just once.

• Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

I read an article (looking for source now) that stated that of all the participants in this Sunday's Super Bowl, only one (Lamar Woodley) was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school.

I'm really having a hard time getting worked up over where this class is ranked.  No one is taking into account whether higher rated recruits will qualify or are even going to play the positions that they were rated on (e.g. George Selvey, a 2-star center).

What I do like is the WAY Coach Holtz is building relationships.  As it has been stated, winning the Big East will allow us to be able to select from a better talent pool where his and his staff's discernment will allow us to reach higher goals.

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

You keep naming examples with terrible coaches.

Yes, UGA lost with a terrible coach to UCF. It's also no surprise their coach has been on the hot seat for some time.

you just proved my point.  thank you.  it's all about the coaching, not the recruiting

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

it's all about the coaching, not the recruiting

It's about both ... with a heavier emphasis on coaching ... but to deny it's not about both is absurd.

Archived