• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's recruiting classes ranked higher than Cincy's in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

You keep naming examples with terrible coaches.

Yes, UGA lost with a terrible coach to UCF. It's also no surprise their coach has been on the hot seat for some time.

you just proved my point.  thank you.  it's all about the coaching, not the recruiting

then why didn't kelly win a BCS game?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yes, UGA lost with a terrible coach to UCF. It's also no surprise their coach has been on the hot seat for some time.

you just proved my point.  thank you.  it's all about the coaching, not the recruiting

one game?? really??

the guy who thinks Richt isn't a good coach is insane. 96-34  7-3 bowl record in the SEC. I wish we had that terrible coach!

one game?? really??

the guy who thinks Richt isn't a good coach is insane. 96-34  7-3 bowl record in the SEC. I wish we had that terrible coach!

okay, if it's all about coaching, then oliar must be a great coach because he beat uga (richt), yet he didn't beat a team with a winning record or an AQ team since 07'...why is that if he must be such a great coach, since they beat uga?

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

one game?? really??

okay, if it's all about coaching, then oliar must be a great coach because he beat uga (richt), yet he didn't beat a team with a winning record or an AQ team since 07'...why is that if he must be such a great coach, since they beat uga?

**** happens...there's always exceptions...underdogs pull off the upset from time to time...there isn't a right or wrong answer no matter how much you argue. Georgia is a much better team than UCF and they have the better coach (it was an upset and UGA prob. didn't even want to be there). UCF and O'leary's record is inflated since they play garbage all year round. It's about good coaching and good recruting...In the end, UGA pulls off an amazing recruiting class and UCF pulls in an average class even though they beat them. Same with us when you compare the win to Clemson. It is what it is.

one game?? really??

**** happens...there's always exceptions...underdogs pull off the upset from time to time...there isn't a right or wrong answer no matter how much you argue. Georgia is a much better team than UCF and they have the better coach (it was an upset and UGA prob. didn't even want to be there). UCF and O'leary's record is inflated since they play garbage all year round. It's about good coaching and good recruting...In the end, UGA pulls off an amazing recruiting class and UCF pulls in an average class even though they beat them. Same with us when you compare the win to Clemson. It is what it is.

I don't disagree with you, but people here are saying it's ALL about coaching....to say recruiting doesn't factor in is dumb....that's all I'm saying

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

one game?? really??

He's definitely the best coach on a hot seat.  ::)

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

one game?? really??

I don't disagree with you, but people here are saying it's ALL about coaching....to say recruiting doesn't factor in is dumb....that's all I'm saying

Of course it's not all about coaching. People who say that are delusional. College football is about recruiting. People that say otherwise are kidding themselves. The best teams always pull top recruiting classes. There's exceptions like FL State and Clemson pulling top classes every year and we beat them...bla bla bla. Then there are exceptions like Boise, TCU, etc..with average classes and great coaching that play cupcakes all year and win the big game. But, those are "exceptions" and I really believe that. If we had an average coach with a roster full of 4-star athletes every year, we'd win the Big East just about every year because the Big East is terrible when it comes to recruiting. Rosters are mainly 2 or 3 star athletes, with the occasional 4 star athlete. That's why we've been getting spanked in the most recent BCS bowls.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

one game?? really??

Of course it's not all about coaching. People who say that are delusional. College football is about recruiting. People that say otherwise are kidding themselves. The best teams always pull top recruiting classes. There's exceptions like FL State and Clemson pulling top classes every year and we beat them...bla bla bla. Then there are exceptions like Boise, TCU, etc..with average classes and great coaching that play cupcakes all year and win the big game. But, those are "exceptions" and I really believe that. If we had an average coach with a roster full of 4-star athletes every year, we'd win the Big East just about every year because the Big East is terrible when it comes to recruiting. Rosters are mainly 2 or 3 star athletes, with the occasional 4 star athlete. That's why we've been getting spanked in the most recent BCS bowls.

tell that to Pitt fans or WVU fans

the stache and stewart have dominated this conference in recruiting. nothing to show for it

miami and fsu have dominated the acc in recruiting yet v tech brings home the hardware

oregon and stanford have never been in the top 2 in pac ten recruiting in last 4 years yet they both played in bcs games

wisconsin #11 recruiting class in big ten last year. I believe they played in the rose bowl.

I'm not saying you don't need good football players but you certainly don't need a high ranking from rivals in order to win.

Archived